Chapter Five: Calm Riley? Nope.

"Riley its......Well we.....I-'' Maya studders

''Maya what are you so nervous about.'' says Riley ''Its not like i didn't see this coming. I just wish i didn't have to be here to watch, but whats done is done.''

'' what?'' Says Lucas who bolted out the window a few seconds after Riley came in. He only made it to the bottom of the first flight of steps leading down. He wanted to hear without having to make eye contact with Riley. It seemed easier.

Riley stuck her head out the window and laughed when she saw Lucas. She grabbed his arm and ulled him inside. ''whats wrong Lucas'' She says '' are you nervous''

'' More uncomfortable'' he says keeping his distance from both the girls and his hands on his lap.

'' Moving on'' says Riley '' Maya my dad told you father he could stay here.''

Maya looked at Riley and Lucas. Then tried to leave out the door. She was stopped by Kermit who was just getting ready to knock on the door.

''Maya, Cory told me you might be in here. but how did you get in here?'' he asks

'' Fire escape'' She answers not looking at him. She glanced at Riley and gave her a help me  look.

''um.. I'm sorry Mr.Hart but Lucas is late for his um... Baseball practice.'' Riley said ''We had better get going''

'' But i thought you had to watch Auggie.'' Says Kermit 

''That's right. I'm not going Maya and Lucas are.'' Riley lies.

''Okay than.'' He said '' I hope we can talk soon'' he looks at Maya and than goes back to the living room.

''Thank you Riley.'' Maya hugs her then climbs out the fire escape. Leaving Riley and Lucas in her bed room.

Riley turns around and messes around with papers on her desk. Lucas looks at her.

'' Your really okay with me and Maya.'' He says

'' Yeah why wouldn't I be'' She says

'' Riley tell me the truth.''

'' I am''

he walks over to her and turns her around to face him

''Riley-''

''What do you want me to say Lucas'' She interrupts '' Would you like me to say i am not a 100 percent okay with it. Fine . But i will do anything to keep Maya happy even if it means-''she stops

''Means what?'' he asks

''Nothing, you better go you are going to be late''. She answers 

Lucas gives her one last glance. Then he leave through that window. Riley gives a hard sigh and opens her door a little bit. She hears Her and Mayas dad talking outside. then she closes her door and picks up her phone and calls Charlie.