Chapter Thirteen: 1k Part 2

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When sky's are great

Riley heard the song everyday from the day she was born, to now. Her mom still sings it to her every time she gets sick. But she didn't know why she was hearing it now. Then she remembered. Wake up.

Riley jerked awake. She was laying on a hospital bed hooked up to wires. A large machine beside her was beeping. And a oxygen mask was on her face.

" Riley." She heard someone cry. On her right, was her mom and her dad. Her mom was crying. Auggie sat at the end hugging her legs.

Riley tried to speak but nothing came out and she got scared and started to cry. Her mom tried to comfort her but touching her was hard.

She had cuts and bruises on her face. They were minor and would heal. But her leg and hand were broken and already in a cast. Green casts.

She was in the hospital for a while. She shared a room with a girl named Sarah-Anne also a victim of the bus crash. She had a broken shoulder and crashed ribs. Sarah said that the bus flipped onto 3 cars and 4 people died. And apparently the semi driver had broken brakes.

Lucas came to visit her everyday before and after school. He didn't leave until visiting hours were over at night. He sat in the bed with her and they watched t.v. Pain meds. made Riley tired so she often fell asleep.

The day she got to go home was one of the worst days ever. It was a Saturday and it was Raining. Lucas stopped by but he had to leave because he was catching a cold. What made it bad was Maya stopped by. But she only saw Kattie who was also in the crash. She had a brief chat with Riley's mom, but she never asked how Riley was doing.

When she did go home it was late and she was tired. So the last thing she wanted to do was have a chat with her parents , but that's what happened.

"Riley now that you are home we want to tell you some good news." Her mom said.

"We are having another baby." Said her dad.

Riley smiled and congratulated them, but she wasn't happy. There wasn't any more bedrooms in the house. And a screaming baby was just not something she was looking forward to.

The next day Riley laid in bed almost all day. She was in pain, but she wouldn't amit it. Lucas stopped by around much and made her get up and eat. Then he stayed and they watched a movie together.

Riley kept lashing out at Lucas. He took it pretty well until he walked her back to her room and she said something about her not trusting him when it came to Maya.

"What do you mean you don't trust me." He said

"I mean I think that you still like her and you are hiding it from me." Riley snapped

"I like you not her Riley."

"Then you do you defend her all the time."

"Because that is who I am."

"I want to date someone who will always pick my side. " Riley started to cry.

"Riles what is really wrong." Lucas asked

Pain, the new baby, Maya, more pain Riley thought. But what came out shocked her and Lucas.

"I think we should break up."