Chapter 16 : Spoiled

"no I didnt forget you just never asked." Riley whined

"i didnt think i had to." I shot back.

"look Lucas if you want to go with me I can cancel on Charlie."

"no forget it." i said " I'll find a date."

Surprised at my reaction Riley shrugged and was about to say something when Mr.Matthews walked in and started his lesson.

I hate fighting with Riley . It isnt fun. But the fact that she said yes to Charlie really hurt me. She didnt talk to me the rest of the day. Or maybe i didnt talk to her. I almost went up to her after class and apologized but i didnt feel like i did anything wrong.

Then just like that it was prom night. And guess who i took. Missy. At the time i was mad and i wanted to make Riley see how i felt . But it hurt her more then i thought it would.

It was fine at first . Missy and Riley were talking like long time friends. But it started going down hill when Missy asked me to dance. As soon as she did Riley looked at me funny then motioned for me to go. This is what happened.

We were dancing closer than we were suppose to now that i think of it.

"why do you even like her." Missy asked

" i dont have time to fully answer that question Missy."

"okay then what do you not like about her."

"umm..."

"is it her annoying laugh." Missy interrupts

"No its cute."

"is it the way she is so annoyingly helpful."

"Love that to."

"How about that she always gets what she wants."

I never thought about it before but Riley has always gotten what she wanted. She never act spoiled but it was there.

"ahh its that she is spoiled." Missy said. "isnt it."

"but she isnt." I snap

Missy looked at me . Her eyes were ice cold.

"say that you hate her because she is spoiled and i wont embarrass her in front of the whole school tomorrow."

That would happen over my dead body. I looked at Rileys table where she was sitting. If i said it she wouldnt hear me.

" I hate Riley because she is spoiled." i said

"Louder" Missy warned.

"I HATE RILEY BECAUSE SHE IS SPOILED ." i yell

And just like that everyone around us stopped dancing and looked at me. I heard the whispers as they processed what i said. Riley though was still laughing with Maya. So i thought i was in the clear. Until the devil spawn Missy yelled what i said over again.

Then she whispered to me "there not only did you just ruin her relationship, but you embarrassed her anyway." then she laughed and walked away.

Riley who was just sitting at her table tapped on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around....