Chapter 23: Answer Me

Lucas POV

"Riley I don't want to do this here." I said

" Do what I only asked a question?" She laughed nervously.

" Can we talk." I looked at Avery. "Somewhere private. "

"Uh. No." She Riley said. " it can't be that bad. I mean unless you killed a animal , someone died,or you cheated I'm not going to care."

I shifted nervously

"Oh no." Avery said " you killed a animal."

I rolled my eyes. Riley looked me up and down. Then walked around me.

" who " she said

"Who what."

" who.... Was ..... She." She crossed her arms. "Who."

"Hayley." Avery said. " ooooh gossip."

Riley turned to me again. "I don't wanna know." She said as she shook her head. "I don't want to know what you did while I was sitting on my bed waiting for you text." She raised her voice. " I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID WHILE I CALLED YOU AND TOLD YOU HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU."

"Riley- " I tried

"I don't want to know." She whispered as she walked away.

"She will be okay." Said Avery " she does want to know. Just not now "

"Yeah." I mumbled under my breath.

I waited for what seemed like forever. Waited for a text. A call. A glance in my direction. Anything I would have took anything. I have been dodging Hayley since I left Texas. She keeps calling. And texting. But I wasn't about to answer I would wait for Riley to answer me first.

Or at least that's what I told myself . but then I got on my phone after Math and I saw the most nerve racking thing in my left. Its sure to ruin me and Riley. Ugh.