Chapter 17: Aftermath

"riley i didnt mean it ." i try to explain as she walks out of the gym.

" you dont say something like that and not mean it Lucas" she yelled

" i honestly didnt. Missy asked me what i didnt like about you then she named something and had me scream it or she threatened to embarrass you tomorrow."

" and what do you think you did? Saved me? There are over a hundred people in there and you just shouted the thing that i hate most about myself aloud."

Riley stopped and sat on a bench then she took out her phone and texted her mom .

" what do you mean? Your not spoiled." i said

She looked at me.

" your right im not. But that is what people assume isnt it?"

I nod. We sat in silence until her mom came. I tried to talk to her but she brushed me off. She was cold but wouldnt take my coat. In fact she never even looked at me.

The next day at school i couldnt find her until 5 period at lunch. Even though she was only in the room for a minute before detouring to the library.

Now dont get me wrong i hate drama. I didnt know what to do. She wouldnt talk to me. And i really didnt understand why until i talked to maya after school.

"hey maya where is riley."

"im not suppose to be talking to you huckleberry " she said.

"come on" i pushed "why is she so mad."

Maya gave me a death stare "why is she so mad? Do you forget what you said? It was bad enough you brought missy but then you embarrass her, hurt her , and then act like nothing happend. You lucky if it was me you would be wearing you leg as a shirt."

She smiled then walked away. It hit me then. What I did. And i realized that if i was lucky enough to still have riley after this i still lost her trust. And that cant easily be replaced. So i put my head down and walked home.