Chapter Twelve: 1k Part 1

You did it!! Now her is my treat to you.
______________________________
Time jump: 1 year later

" Lucas" Riley yells as she runs down the hall and jumps on to his back.

"Oh" he gasps catching her. " what's up Smiley."

Lucas had started calling her that at the beginning of summer. She was just always happy. Riley and Lucas got closer over the summer and they eventually created a solid relationship.

"First day of school." She laughed. " shall we skip to class."

"No but I will still walk you." He held out his arm for her to take.

"Well aren't you to cute." Said Maya as soon as they got there.

Riley and Maya have grown apart over the summer. Lucas hung around a lot more and Maya didn't want to amit it but she wasn't always a big fan of them together. So Maya started hanging out with a new group. There were 3 girls, Kattie, Peyton,and Missy. She knew Riley didn't like Missy but she didn't know why. So she hung out with her anyway and this caused then to split more.

Riley still hung out with Farkle, Lucas ,and sometimes Zay. But when a new girl Mel moved to their high school she wanted to be her friend. So Riley and Maya split up more.

In other news, Zay started dating a girl named Adaline or Addie for short. She was a nice girl, black hair, dark skin. But Maya hated her. And that is when Maya left there group.

"Hey Maya" Riley finally said.

"Hey Maya how have you been doing." Lucas smiled.

"Amazing Ranger Rick." Maya said "Me and Tyrone have been doing amazing.''

" Tyrone?" Said Lucas

"Yeah my boyfriend." Said Maya as she pointed to a boy on the other side of the room. Riley and Lucas didn't know him. But the boy looked like a juvenile.

"Him" said Lucas " why him?"

"He is cute." Maya laughed.

" He's bad." Lucas raised his voice a little.

" Lucas ." said Zay who had recently sat down. " why do you care."

Lucas looked at Riley who he thought wasn't listening.

"Because even though she doesn't care I do." Lucas whispered.

"Good for you ." Maya pointed at him like a child being scolded by his mother. " you should mind your own business. "

Lucas caught her hand, and caught Maya off guard. Riley who had been listening,and watching, finally had enough and jumped in.

" enough" she said " just stop" she looked at Lucas. "Zay is right you shouldn't care. So why do you?

Riley gets up and walks out. She has never skipped a period, especially one that her dad taught. But she wanted away from Maya and the suddenly caring Lucas. She wasn't mad she just wasn't happy.

So she sat in the library all period. Between the fiction and romance books. All with sad titles. Only One Chance and Love Me Forever. She read two pages of one that she found and thought " yeah right because relationship are just that perfect". Then when the bell rang she sat the book on the table and went to go find Lucas.

He apologized to her and said he was just curious, which Riley didn't believe but she pretended to. Then they spent the rest of their day half way sleeping in all of their classes.

Riley got on the bus that day because she didn't want to walk or take the subway. Thinking back she should have. She hugged Lucas and waved good bye to Mel.
On the ride home they stopped at a stop light. Riley thought about the first time she met Lucas. And the day Auggie was born. Along with the day she met Maya. All those memories in the 30 seconds they were at the light.

Then the light turned green and the bus started moving. It was all in slow motion. Riley saw the semi truck speeding without stopping.

Then it all went black.