5. The Leaky Cauldron

"Don't you worry about me, I'll be fine if I can breath" ~ EASE, Troye Sivan feat. Broods

Hermione, Tay and I walk from Magical Menagerie, with the orange cat in Hermione's arms.

"Ron's going to freak out when he finds out you bought the tiger," Tay says with a grin.
"Crookshanks is a cat, Tay," Hermione says pointedly. "And Ron's opinion isn't my concern."

"Whatever you say."

As we leave the shop, Harry and Ron walk to us, Ron clutching Scabbers.

"You bought that monster?" Ron says, his mouth hanging open.
"He's gorgeous, isn't he?" Hermione says, glowing.

Honestly, Crookshanks isn't gorgeous. His face looks grumpy and squashed, like he's ran into a brick wall.

"Hermione, that thing nearly scalped me!" Ron says hotly.
"He didn't mean to, did you, Crookshanks?" Hermione says.

"And what about Scabbers?" Ron asks, pointing at the lump in his chest pocket. "He needs rest and relaxation! How's he going to do that with that thing around?"

"That reminds me," I speak up, pulling something out of my pocket. "You forget your Rat Tonic."

I give him the small red bottle and Hermione continues;

"And stop worrying. Crookshanks will be sleeping in my dormitory and Scabbers in yours. What's the problem? Poor Crookshanks, that witch said he'd been there to age; no one wanted him."

"I wonder why," Ron says sarcastically, as we begin walking towards the Leaky Cauldron.

We enter to find Mr. Weasley siting in the bar, along with another man, both reading a single copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Harry! Haylee!" Mr Weasley says, smiling. "How are you?"

"Fine, thanks."

"Haylee and Harry Potter, I've been wondering when I'd run into you two," the second man says, beaming at us. "Tay and Asher have told me all about you, and I can't thank you enough to saving Asher. I'm Aidan Saunters," he said.

Much like the rest of the Saunters family, he is tall and tan, with dark hair and dark eyes. But there was one facial feature that made Mr Saunters different to his family; the large scar running down the right side of his face.

"Oh, pleased to meet you," I say, returning the smile.

With that, Mr Weasley puts down his paper, and I catch sight of the familiar picture of Sirius Black.

"They still haven't caught him?" Harry asks.
"No," Mr Saunters answers, looking grave. "They've pulled everyone off their regular jobs at the Ministry to help us Aurors find him, but no luck so far."

"Would we get a reward if we caught him?" Ron asks. "It'd be good to get some more money-"

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron," Mr Weasley says, looking very strained. "Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen year old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards who'll get him back, you mark my words."

Suddenly, Mrs Weasley and Mrs Saunters enter the bar, both laden with shopping and followed by the Fred, George, Percy, Ginny and Asher.

Ginny and Asher avoid Harry and I, I suppose it's because of what happened last year.

Percy, on the other hand, shakes our hands solemnly, like we'd never met before.

"Harry, Haylee, it's so nice to see you."
"Hello, Percy," I say, holding back a laugh.

"I hope you're well?" He says pompously.
"Very well, thanks-"

"Haylee! Harry!" Fred says suddenly, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing before us. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy, you're looking lovely, my dear, Haylee-"