20. Victorious

"Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, all my friends were glorious, tonight we are victorious" ~ Victorious, Panic! At The Disco

Harry, Tay and I, along with the rest of the Quidditch team, enter the Great Hall the next morning to enormous applause. I grin broadly when I see that both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables are clapping, too.

The Slytherin table hiss loudly as we past. I catch Draco's eye in the passing and look away quickly, before remembering that we don't have to hide anymore.

Looking back, I nod my head at me, flashing a small smile, to which he returns, despite looking extremely pale.

We sit down and Wood begins urging us to eat, despite taking nothing himself. Beginning to tug at my ponytail nervously, I pour a small amount of the Draught of Peace into my pumpkin juice. I have just enough time to finish it before we leave for the changing rooms.

Again, every claps for us.

"Good luck, Harry!" I hear Cho Chang call out, causing Harry to flush bright red.

"Okay...no wind to speak of...sun's a bit bright, that could impair your vision, watch out for it...ground's fairly hard, good, that'll give us a fast kick-off..."

Wood paces the pitch, staring around with us behind him. Finally, we see the castle door open and the rest of the school spill out onto the lawn.

"Changing rooms," he says tersely.

None of us speak as we change into our scarlet robes. I wonder if they feel like I do, even with the Draught of Peace my stomach is flipping nervously.

In what seems like no time, Wood speaks. "Okay, it's time, let's go..."

And with no pep talk, we walk out onto the pitch to a tidal wave of noise. Three quarters of the crowd are wearing scarlet rosettes, waving lion banners or brandishing banners with slogans like 'GO GRYFFINDOR!' or 'LIONS FOR THE CUP!'.

Behind the Slytherin goal post, however, two hundred people are wearing green; the silver serpent of Slytherin glitters on their flags, and Snape sits in the very front row, switching out his usual black robes for green.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yells Lee Jordon. "Potter, Potter, Bell, Saunters, Weasley, Weasley and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best side Hogwarts as seen in a good few years - "

His comments are drowned out by a tide of 'boos' from the Slytherin supporters.

"And here come the Slytherin team, led by captain Flint. He's made some changes in the line-up and seems to be going for size rather than skill - "

More boos from the Slytherin crowd. But Lee has a point. Draco is easily the smallest on the Slytherin team; the rest are frighteningly massive.

"Captains, shake hands!" Madam Hooch orders.

Flint and Wood approach and grasp each others hand extremely tightly; it looks as though they're trying to break each other's fingers.

"Mount your brooms!" Madam Hooch says, and I throw my leg over my Firebolt. "Three...two..one..."

The sound of her whistle is lost in the crowd as all fourteen of us kick off into the air.

Katie takes possession of the Quaffle instantly. She soars off straight towards the goals, determined to score. But before she attempt to score, Warrington intercepts. He bolts down the field, before George aims a Bludger at him. It smashes into him and he drops the Quaffle.

Tay dives and catches it, before zooming towards the goals. Lee's commentary rings in my ears as Tay narrowly avoids a Bludger. She gets past the Keeper - and she scores!