Recovery

"Emperor, they have returned."

Kotal Kahn snapped his head to a guard who was informing him.

"Erron, Thalia, Reptile, Ermac, Ferra and Torr?" He asked.

"Yes sir. They have bought the real Mileena unconscious."

The emperor thought for a moment. "Very well then. She will be executed at sundown."

The guard nodded. "Yes sir. I'll have it scheduled and arranged for you."

Just as the guard left, the large double doors opened and in walked the Kahn's enforcers, an unconscious Mileena being carried over Torr's shoulders as Ferra kept an eye on her.

"You've all done a great job. I'll make sure you are all rewarded." Kotal praised but became shocked upon noticing Erron holding an injured Thalia in his arms, bridal style.

"Erron? How did this happen?" Asked the emperor.

"She got wounded in the side by one of Mileena's sais." The gunslinger answered.

"Better get her to the healer. She'll take care of this." Kotal ordered.

Erron nodded and began to carry Thalia away to the healing chamber of the palace.

(The best things in life)

(Come with a price)

(The star that burns so bright)

(Fades the fastest)

(You'll always feel it's right)

(Even when we end the fight)

(Welcome home home tonight)

A couple hours had passed and Erron looked at a now sleeping Thalia who was bandaged around her waist. The healer, a dark skinned with wavy black hair, dressed in a robe was doing her job.

"Her wound should heal up quickly thanks to that potion I gave her. But it will only make her feel drowsy so she should get some sleep until she fully recovers."

The gunslinger nodded to the healer in reply.

"Good thing you got her in. Otherwise she would've been a goner." The healer smiled as she was nearly finishing up.

An hour passed and Thalia had stirred before slowly opening her eyes and scanned her surroundings. She sat up a little and was about to get out of bed when...

"Oh no you don't."

She gasped as she felt Erron's hand grab her wrist and laid her back down on the bed.

"Erron? Where am I?" She asked, confused.

"Back in Outworld, in the healing chamber of Kotal Kahn's palace." The gunslinger answered.

(Singing oh oh)

(Welcome home tonight)

(Oh tonight)

"But why?" Asked Thalia.

"You got wounded during the fight with Mileena." Answered Erron. "You're not the only one who got struck by one of her sais."

It was true. One of Mileena's sais had struck Erron in the hand during a war when he was about to finish Rain.

"I feel kinda weird in the head." Thalia slurred.

"It's the potion the healer brewed up for you that you drank. It should help heal you up but it will make you drowsy so you should get some sleep until you recover."

Thalia was speechless until she heard voices from outside. They sounded like Kotal Kahn and the healer.

"It appears Miss Rosethorn is lucky to be alive."

Thalia strained her ears to listen as she heard the emperor's deep sonorous timbre. "Such a strong girl. She should be alright in time for Mileena's execution which is scheduled to happen at sundown."

"Yes emperor."

Thalia laid back down as the potion was doing its work in her.

(Words they don't know)

(How to make amends)

(And all they do)

(Is push you to the edge)

(But it's not wasted)

(It's all done for you)

"You better get some rest. I'll be here until you recover." The gunslinger remarked.

"I suppose so. Now I've got blood all over my outfit." Thalia pouted.

"But it'd look so right~." The gunslinger chuckled flirtatiously.

Thalia would've said something back to him but due to her condition she couldn't. She needed some rest if she was going to recover from her wound as her head began to feel heavy and her eyelids began to droop and finally close.

The gunslinger looked at her as she slept. So pale, so sweet and so fair was Thalia. He knew the reason that Athenia held painful memories of her and how she tried to keep her sadness hid and was clever enough to fool the public by masking it with a smile. Erron gazed at Thalia, taking her delicate hand into his own and bringing it up to his exposed lips, planted a soft sweet kiss on her soft fingers.

"It appears that Thalia has learned a lot from you and the others during the mission. So fuelled by her loyalty to Outworld and serving me."

Erron turned to Kotal Kahn and nodded.

"You know you don't meet a girl like that every Outworld year." The emperor remarked before he left the healing chamber and closed the door behind him, leaving Thalia to her recovery sleep.

(All done for you)

(All done for you)