Trip 30: Rokudo Mukuro

A/N About the calling, since the Cerve family isn't in the Mafia, they will call Elleira as Master.

I noticed how in the past few chapters, the story has reached in a stagnant point. Like it doesn't move forward at all. I am sorry about that, I should've noticed it sooner. The thing is, i don't get any motivation to write this anymore. I have another plot in mind that has all my inspiration, and i just kind of don't want to continue this story. But I will continue even if nobody will read it. I mean, just abandoning things doesn't suit me.

Btw college started, my life ended. So sorry for the late update. I guess all my readers are used to it by now... haha... OTL I'm so sorry...

......

I wave at the boy with a smile. He approaches me with one of his own mischievous smile that seems to be permanently fixed on his lips.

"You called, Master?"

It takes me a few seconds to digest what he just called me as. I mean, I know I am technically the Cerve family's head, but until now, only Grey called me like that. Besides, having a cute shota call me as Master feels really weird.

"Ah, yes, ehm..." What's his name again? I don't think Cerve nor Grey told me about it, and I certainly don't want to call him as Mukuro without being certain that he really is one of that man's previous lives. I mean, who said that people of striking resemblance from different eras are necessarily the reincarnation? Besides, anime characters and real life people are completely different. It is a wonder how I managed to identify Giotto, really. As for this boy, it was just a hunch. Still, I hope he is Mukuro, even though his personality doesn't really have anything alike to that cunning man. After all, now that I don't have my power anymore for some obscure reason, I need strong allies.

As if understanding my dilemma, the boy's smile widens, "I don't have a name yet."

"Why is that?"

He narrows his eyes in contempt at the world in general, and answers me lazily, "I still haven't found a name worthy enough."

...Out of all the reasons, misfortune of the past, trauma, isolation, it has to be something like this. What a cocky kid. I bet he's going to get along just fine with my narcissist husband.

I offer him a seat and give him a few cookies, to which he refuses gracefully, "Then how about Rokudo Mukuro? Do you like this name?" I ask him carefully, not missing any of his reaction, "Mukuro is the first name, by the way, since it's a Japanese name."

He looks taken aback by my sudden suggestion, and frowns slightly, "It has a nice ring to it... What does it mean?"

I bite back a victorious laugh at the idea that this boy likes this name, "Rokudo means Six Path, and Mukuro means," I halt a bit to observe him, seeing that he doesn't show any sign of dislike, I continue with the harder part. I mean, who in their right mind would like to be called as - "skeleton".

Seeing his widened eyes, I internally slap myself. I knew it. Who would like to have such strong taste? Only that twisted maniac, maybe. Sigh, looks like this boy probably isn't one of the past lives of Mukuro. Even he is, he might not have the same warped taste.

"You said Japanese, right?" The boy asks me seriously, the mischievous smile I thought was permanently glued on his lips drops to a thin line when he sees me nod in affirmation. A frown appears between his eyebrows, giving his young feature a mature look. He leans forward and stares at the floor thoughtfully.

After a few seconds, he looks up, his expression grave.

I frown at that. Is this name actually some kind of trigger? Did it bring up some bad memories? I sure hope not. According to Grey, Cerve found him in an orphanage or something. I hope nothing bad happened to him there.