Trip 14: Breakdown (part 2)

A/N please do read the author note below.

To any of you guys who's furious at Giotto, here comes something that will probably make you forgive him.

Warning for hurt/comfort and implied sex scene.

...

I widen my eyes in realization. This man before my eyes... He is that ghost! He is that ghost from my nightmare!

Giving me yet another smile, Victor then turns to the crowd and announces proudly something that startles me out of my skin, "Thank you everyone for assisting in our ceremony. I now announce that Lady Elleira as the next heir of the Cerve family!"

...WHAT?!

Of course, the people below can't accept this sudden declaration. Loud protests from eveywhere erupt in the ballroom. Some have even slid their hand in their poket to grab something, probably gun, to prepare a fight.

Victor narrows his slender eyes as he moves in front of me protectively to hide me from the angry crowd. He does nothing except staring in disdain at the furious people.

I hesitantly peek at the place where Giotto is and see him staring at Victor thoughtfully. Then, as if sensing my glance, he looks toward me with an expressionless face. I quickly look away, only to fall right into Fatty's stare. His black eyes are staring at me in shock, but mostly extreme joy and calculation. Frightened, I evade the fat man's stare.

It is as this moment that I notice the sudden increase in the number of butlers. They are all walking around busily, but are actually doing nothing in particular. Their positions are all very strategic; they can all come and stop at any moment anyone if there is a possibility of fight.

After a moment, the room finally quiets down. Seeing that the crowd is no longer causing troubles, Victor merely smiles warmly and stretches out a hand to me, completely ignoring them.

But before my brain can understand what is Victor doing, the young girl that danced with Giotto previously comes up on the stage and says to Victor in anger and unacceptance, "Cerve Quito! With all due respect, I want to give out my suspicion about her! She didn't even play the piano, so why is she the Chosen One?!"

If I remember right, she is indeed very talented. The piece she played was absolutely magnificent, but she isn't chosen. Instead, I, who didn't even touch the piano, am being acknowledged as the next heir... I think I can understand her frustration.

"That's right, Cerve Quinto." A man steps forward from the crowd, "We have all witnessed this wo- I mean, Mrs. Vongola's wonderful show, but isn't the rule to play the piano? This is truly unfair for the ladies who have come and tried their best to play. Please do explain to us your decision."

"That's right!"

"We would accept Cerve Quinto's decision, but please explain clearly to us!"

Shouts begin once again as Victor stays in silence with a black face, completely different from his usual image of easygoing playboy. The atmosphere suddenly feels heavier as he releases his displeasure and authority.

"This lady, I don't remember having said that you need to play the piano. I am not choosing the next heir by her talent, this isn't a piano competition. Beside, I don't recall having any obligation to explain all my choices to you, do I?" He is speaking to the young girl, but answering to all the guests.

"I-I..." The young girl bites down a protest seeing Victor's dark face and descends from the stage in fear, "I a-am sorry..."

"Thank you for your understanding."