Trip 17: Memories - Up (part 3)

A/N SwissGem96 from Fanfiction.net is beta-ing this story! So no more annoying grammar/typo/syntax mistakes!

Please read the author's note at the end. There will have quite a lot of explanation and more details that might be unclear in the chapter.

...

Hidden beneath the peace, dangers circle the shadows.

One month had passed since the wedding, Roven has finally moved.

On the surface, everything looked normal, but I knew how much men he was gathering, how much more alliances with other families he made; their goal to wipe out the Vongola Family.

Soon, peace will no longer be a luxury.

That's why I am making preparations too. At the HQ, training is more intense, more weapons are bought, and the security enforcements.

The Guardians are using their influence to find more possible partners to gather information about the enemy.

And whilst they are all busy, I am... I am... drawing.

Well, I did promise myself to give Elleira a present. It will be the best of all. I decided that the gift will be a hair pin, since I never got the chance to see her wear any since the wedding. I bet Elleira will look absolutely adorable.

Of course, I can simply grab the best jewelry craftsman around and have them make it, but it would just be another piece of plain jewelry without feeling. I don't want to give something like that to Elleira. That's why; I'll make it myself from scratch!

This is the reason why I am drawing right now. Well I can't make anything complicated, so something basic but beautiful...

This was easy, absolutely easy, though somehow hard at the same time. I can pass all day just on this, which is exactly what I did... secretly of course.

And because of that, loads of paperwork were piling up on my desk.

"Boss, can I come in?" Gilbert calls for me.

"Yes! Come in!" I quickly hide the sketch under a document. I was working hard, working hard indeed.

"..." The door opens. Silence. Stare.

"..." Pressure.

"..." Continues to stare.

"..." More pressure.

"..." Stare until I surrender which I won't no matter what.

"Cough! So... Gilbert? What brings you here?" A cold sweat just rolled down from my forehead. It's okay Giotto, keep calm and act cool. He won't notice it, he won't.

"I brought you some more reports from the information gathering squad. Master Alaude has already sorted them out, but please read them either way." Gilbert replies in his usual tone; void of all emotion.

"Is that so? Good, good... I will read it... don't worry." I get up from my chair and walk towards Gilbert. Taking the report from him, I scan it absentmindedly.

"I see... Thank you Gilbert." Nope, just meaningless words. My mind is just not ready for works.

"Boss, if you want to thank me, the best gift would to finish your work instead of drawing."

"Ha-haha! What are you talking about Gilbert?! You are so funny! A-ahaha..." I am sweating buckets now under the older man's knowing gaze. After a while, I abandon all denial, "Gilbert! I don't want to work! It is annoying! There is just too much to do!"