Trip 16: Memories - Up (part 2)

...

As the first morning sun ray shines on me, I open my eyes and see Elleira curling in my arms tiredly.

It is still early, and she isn't awake yet.

I gently trace my finger on her visage, feeling her soft elastic skin under my touch.

How nice to see her first in the morning. I would be satisfied if every day is like now; she sleeps silently in my arms whilst I scrutinize her soft features.

I can almost forget my numb and sore arm she is using as pillow. But well, it is worth it in exchange of having her sleep right beside me.

But it sure would be nice if I was able to kiss her on our wedding. If I do kiss her now for the exchange we skipped on the marriage, it wouldn't be counted as a stolen kiss, right? She won't know either way, and I really want to taste those rosy lips.

But on second thought, it would be even better if we exchange our first kiss (I am pretty sure she never kissed anyone on the lips before just like me) when she is conscious.

Besides, I think I have acted a bit too perverted whenever it concerns her. I mean, I never thought of wanting so eagerly a woman to accept me and even had such violent desire to possess her.

There were other women who wanted the status of Mrs. Vongola before. They either try to seduce me straightforwardly or use dirty tricks such as drugging me to get on my bed and bam! here you go, I need to take responsibility. There were also some who used both strategies, openly and secretly trying to have me marry them. If I didn't have my hyper intuition and always being over cautious of everything, I might very well be the father of many children now.

I can't say that I am not disgusted by them. They all reek of schemes and desire for power, so unlike my cute little Elleira. She is just so innocent and harmless.

But let's forget those annoying women and focus on my cute wife.

If I can't kiss her lips now, at least I should steal one on the cheek. Besides, she also kissed my cheek once... Although I think it is her way to thank me that I am not "Giotto Vongola". I should get her back on that when the right time comes, who told her to be this glad. What if she kissed another man on the cheek instead of me?

Just thinking about this possibility starts a fire in my chest.

I'll need to be careful about any possible male wanting to approach her.

With this final thought, I cuddle her cheek and place a butterfly kiss on it before bringing her closer to me and drift in yet another peaceful slumber.

...

"Mmm..." Elleira's soft groan wakes me up. I look at her still closed eyelids and wait for her to wake up.

She pouts lightly and twitches her body to nudge closer toward me. It is at this moment I realized that she is hugging me tightly. I hold her back with a smile and patiently wait for her.

After a while, she frowns slightly then relaxes before her body suddenly gets very tensed up.

"Giotto?" She asks me, still with her eyes closed.

"Yes?"

Her eyes immediately open and she stares at me incredulously, "Giotto?" She asks me another time.

"Yes?"

"Are you really Giotto?"

"You still don't believe I am Giotto Vongola?" I'll need to make her get rid of this quite annoying idea that I am not Giotto Vongola, fast.