Trip 12: Doubt and Trust

...

Toc, toc. "Miss? Can I come in?" Maria's muffled voice calls for me from outside the bathroom.

Opening my eyes and gazing idly at the door, I let out a heavy sigh and answer her with the most cheerful tone I can pull off, "Yes, come in."

The door creaks open slowly, revealing a blushing Maria peeking in slowly from the doorframe. "M-miss... Are you ready to come out?" She asks me softly with that permanent blush on her face.

I can't help but feel a small smile creep on my face seeing just how cute and burden less Maria is, but it soon turns into a wry one as I remember my own situation.

I really am in a crappy puddle of misfortune now, ain't I?

First I get isolated from everyone.

Then I discover that I felt in love with Giotto, and my feeling for him is already rooted too deep in my heart that I can't easily forget or ignore it even if I try.

And now I am stuck on this huge ship with tons of Mafia dudes and fan girls that are after my life.

Not to add that Victor del Cerve guy's strange behaviour toward me (I don't know why, but I really have a feeling that he is approaching me for another reason other than the fact I am a female).

And before I forget it, because of Victor's approach, Fatty now wants me to seduce him. And I am sure that he'll have a 'nice' chat with me soon about his new diabolical plan and will probably shout my head off that I still can't kill Giotto and blablabla.

Great, simply wonderful.

The worse is that on top of all these annoying troubles, Giotto and the Guardians' attitude with me the past month is acting like a stray cat scratching my heart mercilessly.

Sure, it hurts like hell, but I still forced myself to believe that they are too busy... Even if that belief has now faded away since quite some time now. If I still think that they are busy over works, then I can be sure that my brain has some kind of intelligence issue. It is more likely they are busy avoiding me.

Tonight, just from seeing how Giotto is acting toward others in his Mafia Boss attire, I can feel my heart cool down.

I can't lie to myself anymore. That clear fear I felt moments ago isn't an illusion. It is Giotto. I am scared of him. And what I dread the most is... the moment I will have to fight against this man.

If he ever knows the mission I am bearing with since our marriage is to kill him (which, by the way won't happen even in a million light years), I can't imagine how he will treat me. Is he going to corner me with his wisely chosen words like he did to Fatty? Or will he simply... kill me?

Also, why did Lampo tell me to get away from Maria as if she is a demon or something. I have known her since I arrived here. She's so cute and harmless. So why did Lampo warn me with such a grave face that day to stay away from her?

"M-miss!" Maria's nervous call pulls me back to reality, "Miss, are you alright?"

I quickly compose myself and get up as Maria gives me a towel with a bright red face. I chuckle softly at her cute reaction.

After drying myself and half wearing (yeah, too much buttons) the nightgown (how I miss my two piece pajama), I walk out the bedroom while yawning loudly without even covering my mouth. This proves to be a mistake, because Giotto is sitting on the bed, staring right at me...

Gee... I think I really have Alzheimer. How can I forget that Giotto accompanied me back and is still there?

So right now, I have my mouth wide open from the interrupted yawn. Quickly faking a cough, I look aside to escape Giotto's eyes.