Trip 19: Memories - Down (part 2)

Btw, this is going to hurt.

Warning for dark Giotto.

...

Elleira?

No. It must be an illusion. Someone is trying to make me doubt Elleira.

I clench my fists tighter in fury. No one can mess with my family and get away intact. I am going to make, whoever dared to show me this scene pay, so much they would've regret being born.

Back to the two thieves, Maria takes the pack of documents and tends it to "Elleira" before carefully erasing all traces that might betray her. Both of them soon leave the room hurriedly and quietly.

A malicious grin makes way to my lips.

That man... he really is underestimating the Vongola too much. Doesn't he know that I have the once greatly feared Poison Fox, Bazzaro, on my side? These two have touched those poison impregnated documents; they won't notice anything wrong, but I can trace down the poison and find the culprit.

I nod to Lampo and Knuckle, directing them to prepare for the capture. Their eyes evade mine, lips twitching as if wanting to tell me something. Lampo is in the worst state; the pain of betrayal clearly shown on his face.

I wave my hand at them with an appeasing smile.

"Don't worry, it's not her." Silently mouthing the words in the faint moonlight, I take out the bottle filled with the liquid, I will spray to trail down these two, "I will find them myself. You guys go tell others to get ready at any possible try to escape. Don't let anything or anyone get out of the mansion."

Knuckle nods hesitantly before dragging Lampo with him, both soon disappear in the darkness of this restless night.

Ugetsu stares at me in worry. I indicate him to stay there and wait to see if there will be someone else who will come for the document in case another spy has infiltrated inside.

The soft smile on my lips then slowly stretches into a dangerous smirk.

Time to catch my prey.

I walk out of the room, careful not to make any noise. I spray the colorless and odorless liquid in the direction the two traitors left. A faint fluorescent green trail of haze appears before me, stopping where the propulsion of the liquid ends.

I follow the trail, spraying when necessary. Soon, it divides into two paths, one leading to the servants' quarter, the other, to the rooms upstairs.

There is no need to go verify something I already know; the trace leading to the servants' dorm was made by Maria the maid.

Now then, let's see who the fool, who dared to pass as Elleira.

The green line stops right in front of Elleira's room, our room, cut off by the door.

Elleira!

I open the door hastily, my heart beating wildly in fear. Nothing unusual can be noticed there. No strange scent, no sight of fight. I hurriedly approach the small bump on the bed.

There, Elleira sleeps peacefully, her body curled up and fists gripping loosely at the cover just like every night. A disobedient lock of her light brown hair had slid over her cheek, moving slightly at every breath she exhales.

Thank God she is alright. My heart rate slowly calms down. I have no idea what I would do if something happened to her.

A soft chuckle escapes my lips. I gently brush the strand of hair back, and then caress her cheek.