Ch.3

*1 week later*
Hermione's POV

I wake up to the sound I my alarm, I turn over and press the button to stop it. The clock said 7:30 I had till 9 to get on the platform if I wanted to make the train. I took a shower quick and used a spell to dry my hair. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a grey short sleeve shirt. I put on a pair of combat boots and put my hair into a messy bun.

I walked downstairs and used a levitating spell to help me bring my bags downstairs.

"Hermione how many times to I have to tell you not to use magic at home"

I turn around and see my mom, my dad walks in after her
"When else is she gonna use it other than at school."

"True"

My mom picked up one of my trunks and my dad grabbed the rest as I went to get breakfast. I made a bagel with cream cheese and ate a few strawberries. I started looking for crookshanks who was probably sleeping somewhere. I didn't find him downstairs so he must be upstairs. I go up the stairs and look in every room until I found him sleeping on the bed in the guest room. I picked him up and he mowed in annoyance at me waking him. I put him into his crate and finish grabbing my bag for stuff on the train.

By the time I got in the car we were about 5 minutes ahead of schedule. We began the journey to the station I never expected to take this trip for Hogwarts again. I was worried if anyone changed because of the war I definitely noticed a change in Ron. I began to feel like he was pushing me away, I understood he was upset about his brother dying but I was his girlfriend I was willing to help him through but he ignored me. Ginny still kept saying how I was going to be her sister in law but I started to think that wasn't going to happen.

Before I knew it we were at the station. My dad got a cart for me to put my bags on. I made sure that crookshanks was on the top and began walking into the station. One bad thing about the platform was that my parents couldn't pass through being muggles.

Once we got to the 9th and 10th platform my parents hugged me and the usual routine happened my mom started tearing up saying to owl her as much as I could and then my dad just hugging me and telling me to be careful and to have fun.

I said my goodbyes and backed up and ran towards the wall, this was still the strangest thing about Hogwarts is that you ran into a wall to get to the train sounds legit. I went through the wall and then saw a big train. I arrived with about 5 or 6 minutes to spare now it was time to get my trunks on the train and find a place to sit. I used another levitating spell to help me pick up my bags and walked onto the train, I went to the compartment that me, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Luna and Neville all usually sit. I shrinked my bags and put them into the little cupboards.

I sat down and waited within minutes I saw Ginny, Harry and Ron walking onto the train and they joined me in the compartment. I got up and hugged them and kissed Ron on the cheek earning nothing back.

"So what do you think the year will be like because of the war?"
Ginny asks

"I was thinking that a lot of the slytherins wont come back because of the death eater stuff and Voldemort, but I still wonder who is head boy?"
This was really bothering me, who would I have to spend everyday with.

"Well if its not me I don't know who it is."
Harry said. He had a point I thought he was the smartest boy in our year but somehow someone else was better.

We continued thinking and throwing some names around but none of them made sense. But one thing kept popping into my head

"Do you think Malfoy will come back?"

Everybody stopped talking and looked at me confused but I did have a point

"Well dad did say his father was arrested and is in Azkaban"
Ron said

Maybe he was right. Before we knew it we were at the school. It felt like a new place it held good and bad memories but I knew this was going to be the best year yet.