Ch. 8

Hermione's POV

After spending a whole day with Draco I began to feel better. I decided to go to classes today, Draco walked with me to breakfast after I took a shower and put on some makeup to hide the marks from crying and lack of sleep. When me and Draco entered the great hall everyone's eyes were on us.

I went to walk towards the gryffindor table but Draco grabbed my arm

"Do you want to sit with me to stay away from Weasley?"

"Thanks"

I was pretty glad he had asked me, I didn't want to see Ron for a bit until I was fully over him. I watched over to the slytherin table and all of them started glaring at me. I sat down next to Draco and one thing surprised me

"Hey I heard about what happened with you and Ron and if you need another girl to talk to besides Luna or Ginny just talk to me"

It was Pansy Parkinson she never spoke to me in a nice way.

"Thanks"

I was surprised, how fast had the news about me and Ron spread. I looked over at the gryffindor table and saw Ron glaring at Draco. I felt uncomfortable in this situation. I got up and decided to go to my classes, the day went on as normal and I had extra work in all my classes thanks to yesterday. During lunch head master McGonagal informed us of a dance coming up for Halloween

"Everyone is expected to come. It is going to be a masquerade ball. The doors in the great hall will open at 7pm and everyone is expected to be in their common rooms by 11pm and no later"

She allowed us to continue eating I was hoping that I could get a date and not go alone. I watched as some boys already asked their girlfriends. I wished that I was still with Ron but it might have been for the best maybe there was someone out there who was better for me.

Days went a by and I continued to eat with Draco and the slytherins. Before I knew it there were two weeks until the ball. I still didn't have a date and I needed to get a dress. Luna, Ginny and I were going shopping this weekend for dresses and I even invited Pansy, she had become a great friend when I needed her.

We decided that we would go to the muggle world to get our dresses so we got permission from head master McGonagal. I wanted to look nice and make Ron regret what he did. I wanted him to know that I was not his and that I didn't need him anymore.

Before I knew it it was time to go shopping. We went to the muggle world and me, Ginny and Luna waited for Pansy at the mall. We all decided to just try on every dress we liked. I picked up about 4 at a time. Every dress I tried on though didn't look right. I wished that I could just make my own.

We spent about 8 hours shopping and everyone had a dress but me. All the girls chose a dress to match with their dates. Pansy got a green dress to match with Blaise. Ginny got a red dress to match with Harry. Luna got a blue dress to match with Neville. The problem I had was that I couldn't find a dress because I didn't have a date to match with. I picked up any color and I had no direction. All the girls started picking dresses for me because it started to frustrate me.

Suddenly Pansy handed me a dress and seem excited she told me try it and on and knew I would love it. I went into the dressing room and put on the dress (on side or top of page).

It was beautiful, I walked out and all the girls gasped I knew this was my dress. Once we payed for the dress we went back to Hogwarts and decided to go shopping for our masks and shoes tomorrow.

Draco's POV

Me and Blaise went shopping for dress robes. I had no idea what to but but Blaise knew immediately because he had to match Pansy. We walked around in Diagon alley and Blaise quickly found a robe. We continues looking after he found his.

I continued looking until a robe caught my eye. The robe was grey and the tie was silver. I tried it on and decided to but it. We looked for masks. Blaise got a silver mask to match his robe with slytherin colors, typical. I got a plain black mask. We already had dress shoes so we went back to hogwarts. There was one thing though that was bothering me I needed to ask Hermione

"So do you have a date yet?"

"No"

"What?!"

"I said no"

"Yeah I know but you the Draco Malfoy doesn't have a date?"

"Yeah I have a girl I want to ask but I don't know how"

"Just plain out ask the worst she can do is say no"

"True" 

I decided tomorrow I would think of a plan on how to ask Hermione.

*****************************************

So Hermione and Draco happened to get the same colors. How do you think Draco should ask Hermione?

Comment 

Vote  

Follow