Ch. 21

After explaining to my family everything about Hogwarts, wizards and witches and everything involving the war they were shocked.

"How could you ever hide that?"

My aunt asked while she was cleaning the shards of glass off the ground

"It's hard as you noticed with Draco smashing the windows, which I'm really sorry about"

"It fine it's not his fault, but exactly why did you do it?"

She looked at Draco

"I was upset that you didn't know what we were"

"How long have you been a wizard?"

"My whole life"

"Wow must be fun. So Hogwarts is how you two met?"

We looked at each other and Draco rubbed the back of his neck

"Well yeah but we weren't really 'close' at first"

"Yeah"

I say awkwardly my aunt looks at us and seems lost so I told her right out

"Before the war we were enemies Draco was on one side and I was on the other. He was forced by his family and he wanted to protect them but he has changed a lot and I'm glad he did"

"That's adorable so it was a twisted love."

"Yeah I guess you could say that"

We talked about how me and Draco became close but I felt uncomfortable about talking about this in front of my parents, especially my dad. When I got to the part when I comforted Draco my dad tensed up but he knew I did the right thing.

As I talked about what happened with Ron, I began to tear up remembering the pain and sadness it caused me. Draco wrapped me in his arms and tried to comfort me. I still remember that night when he helped me if it wasn't for him I don't know where I would be right now.

After telling our whole story we left and headed home. I began to fall asleep

"You can lean on my shoulder if you need to"

Draco looked over at me

"Thanks"

I took up his offer and closed my eyes.

Draco's POV

Just hearing Ron's name made my blood boil I can't believe anyone could do that to Hermione she was the most precious girl I've ever met. I'm glad I finally gave her that promise ring I had asked her dad on Christmas Eve for permission and he almost was in tears.

No matter how many time me and Hermione kissed or hugged it felt the first time all over again. I felt sparks everytime and I knew I wanted to say with her for the rest of my life.

When we were in the car she finally took up my offer of using my shoulder as a pillow. I glanced down at her sleeping figure and smiled, she looked like an angel, she was my angel. I didn't understand how I was lucky enough to get her as my girlfriend and soon to be fiancé.

I didn't deserve her. She belonged with a guy who didn't have a broken past that may effect his future. For what I know I won't be able to get a good job due to my past. I hoped hat I could so that I could support Hermione and marry her.

My eyelids began to get heavy

"When will we be back?"

I asked Hermione's parents.

"Not much we should be home in a few minutes"

"Ok"

I looked down at Hermione and felt bad that I had to disturb her sleep. I gently shake her shoulder until her dark brown eyes met my grey ones

"We're almost home"

"Thanks"

She yawned and stretched. I kissed her nose and forehead and she smiled at me. Soon we arrived at her house and it was already late. I went to help her parents bring in the gifts

"Just go bring Hermione inside she is exhausted"

Her father told me

"Ok"

"And only for tonight you two can spend the night together, but no smart ideas"

Her father said to me. I looked at him wide eyes and took it before he took it back. I went over to Hermione and walked her inside.

"Carry me"

She put out her arms with a tired look on her face.

"Ok anything for my angel"

I picked her up bridal style while she put her arms around my neck. It felt great to hold her in my arms like this

"So your dad said I could stay with you for just tonight"

"Really?!"

I chuckled at her reaction.

"Yeah so looks like I'll be spending the night with you just I'm gonna go take a shower and then I'll come and join you ok"

"Ok"

I opened her bedroom and placed her on her bed.

"Be back"

I kissed her and left the room. I went to my room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a red V-neck. I went into the bathroom and undressed. I turned on the shower and checked the water, once I thought it was the right temperature I got in.

I let the hot water loosen all the tension in my body. I relaxed for a bit and just allowed my mind to drift. For some reason the thought of staying with Hermione tonight was actually making me nervous. I had slept in the same bed with her many times before but tonight was the first night when she promised to be my fiancé soon.

Once I finished I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist I walked into my room and changed. Once I was satisfied I towel dried my hair and went across the hall and knocked on Hermione's door.

************************************

So Hermione's father is letting them stay in the same room for one night. I had my global regents today and had my bio and English regents on tuesday. I don't have another test until Wednesday so expect more updates.

Comment

Vote

Follow me