Ch.4

We all began to gather our bags and make our way outside. The carriages were out and we piled into one. This year would be interesting, and I could feel there was going to be a big change but I didn't know what it was going to be. We stayed silent on the trip to the castle and once we got there we unloaded the carriages and walked towards the front doors.

I looked around remembering the previous year here, the war had destroyed parts of the castle but they were able to repair it in time for the school year. Once I walked inside I sent my trunks to my dorm in gryffindor. All of us walked to the great hall where we would watch the new first years be placed into their houses. We all took our usual seats, I sat next to Ron and Harry and Ginny sat across from us.

"Welcome students"

We all turn to the front of the room and see head mistress McGonagal.

"First years will be placed into their houses and the feast will begin. We hope to have a great year and want all students to succeed in their classes. Some of the professors have been changed do to the war and I would like to congratulate the head boy and girl. When I say your name please stand up."

This was when I would learn who the boy was. Everyone's eyes immediately looks around wondering who they might be.

"The head girl is Hermione Granger from gryffindor"

I stood up and everyone cheered,

"The head boy is Draco Malfoy from slytherin"

All if my friends gasped when he stood up also immediately everyone's eyes were on him. He looked so different the usual cocky stance he had turned into a slouch. His bright bleach blonde hair had darkened and became frizzy and his usual vibrant grey eyes were dull and bloodshot. He looked like he had been through hell and back. Once he sat down most of the students began to whisper, we knew it was about how he looked.

"What's up with Malfoy?"

Ron asked

"I have no idea he looks like hell though"

Harry said

"I just can't believe I have to share a common room with him"

I said which I regretted because Ron suddenly tensed and turned around.

"Hey Malfoy"

He whispered over to the slytherin table

Malfoy picked up his head, I gasped when I saw his face he looked like he had a very rough time after the war his face was paler than usual.

"Make sure not to get any ideas when your in the head common room with Hermione. I'm watching you"

He turned back around and Malfoy had no snappy comment or response. There was something seriously wrong with him. The sorting began and before I knew it the feast began, I still couldn't get Malfoy's face out of my head he looked so hurt and damaged. I was hoping that he could go through with being head boy and all the responsibilities.

Head master McGonagal suddenly appeared next to me

"Could you come to my office after the feast and bring mister Malfoy with you, you need the password for the room. I had all your bags sent from the gryffindor dorms to your room so you don't have to worry. Make sure to tell mister Malfoy that also. See you soon."

She walked away, great now I have to talk to Malfoy. I decided I was done with my food and kissed Ron on the cheek and went to get Malfoy. I walked up to the slytherin table and got death glares.

"Malfoy we have to meet miss McGonagal in her office to get the password and everything, she also wanted me to tell you that your bags were sent to your room."

"Thanks"

He didn't even look up at me but got up and began walking towards the doors. I followed after him. We walked in silence an Malfoy never looked up, I wanted to talk to him and find out what was wrong but I felt it was none of my business and I decided just to give him time and let him tell me himself.

We arrived at the head masters office and said the password and entered the room. It was still the same since Dumbledore's death. Nothing was changed but the Phoenix. Me and Malfoy sat down in the chairs once miss McGonagal walked in.

"Ok so your password is prefect and you have to do daily runs around the castle after curfew and are allowed to take points from houses if you catch anyone. Also you would give them a detention and report them to me in the morning."

"Ok"

Both me and Malfoy said at the same time. We got up and walked towards our room. It was on the top floor. We walked the stairs and were still silent.

"You know Malfoy we have to talk in order to work together with this right."

He nodded

"That means speak!"

"Sorry Granger but I just don't want to talk ok!"

He stormed off in anger, typical Malfoy that's one thing that didn't change his attitude. I walked alone to the room and said the password. The portrait of Dumbledore opened, I looked around the room was a simple common room with a mix of red and silver walls and furniture to mix with slytherin and gryffindor. I walked up the stairs and went to the left. I opened the door and saw my room it was red and yellow, typical gryffindor colors. My trunks were spread out on the ground. I decided to unpack a little, I took out my robes and hung them up in my small closet. Once I was finished I decided to go to sleep it had been a long day. I changed into pajamas and once my head touched the pillow I passed out.