Chapter Six

Louis Tomlinson was repeatedly yelling for Harry to pass the football. Harry rolled his eyes and kicked the football over to his eager best friend, as he, Louis, Andy and Liam all stood around in the park on the following Saturday. The English sun had bizarrely decided to make an appearance, and so the boys had all flocked to the local park to kick a ball round. It was quiet, the only other people in the park were kids playing on the slides and swings at the other side of the park. Occasionally people with bikes would bike past, or dog walkers would stroll by, but that was all. The sounds of birds tweeting and singing above their heads went hand in hand with the sounds of the children playing, and somewhere, odd wafts of a BBQ flowed around them, making their stomachs rumble heavily. You knew you were British when the BBQ came out at the first sign of sun. 

Louis beamed a smile once Harry had passed him the ball, and did a little trick with it before shooting it over to Andy, who had been brushing his hands through his hair, looking at Liam who was looking at Harry and Louis.

“Louis, this is just a friendly kick about, you know.” Harry informed his best friend in a half-minded trance, his green eyes concentrated on the football that was now being kicked around softly between Andy’s feet.

The sun was beating down on them all, as they stood in a square formation, kicking the ball around to each other. There wasn’t much shade in the park, which meant the boys had to stick it out under the sun. All of the boys were in as little clothing as possible. Liam’s shirt had come off by this point and was hanging around his neck, his dark blue denim shorts hanging loosely around his waist, with a complimenting dark blue snapback placed on his head as well, which Andy had kept trying to steal. Andy was in some cut off jogging bottoms and a pair of huge trainers. His cast off T-shirt had been thrown to one side as they played their game.

Louis was in a pair of light chinos, the bottoms rolled up around his ankles with a pair of white, low-cut converses on his feet. His red T-shirt was tucked into the back of his chinos, and was hanging down his legs like some sort of odd cape. Harry looked back from his best friend and ruffled his hands through his curls. Harry was regretting wearing black skinny jeans, which stuck to his lanky legs like there was no tomorrow. His Manchester United shirt was hung over his shoulder, even though he was close to throwing it down onto the green grass that he was stood on.

“Yeah but we haven’t played properly in ages due to the rain!” Louis whined, as he jumped around in his spot, his light brown hair flying around in all directions as he did so. Harry couldn’t help but chuckle a little, but rolled his eyes nevertheless. Louis was just this little bundle of energy; but Harry guessed that if he was surrounded by just his Mum and four younger sisters then he’d love the chance to get out and spend some quality boy time with his best friends.

Soon enough, Andy passed the ball to Liam, along with some banter about concentrating, before Liam gently tapped the ball back over to Harry. Harry smirked as the ball rolled over to him, and he quickly scooped it up with his foot and balanced it on the top of his foot and ankle in mid air.

“Enough of the balancing tricks, pass it!” Louis yelled, and Harry looked over to him with a lop-sided smirk, before he kicked it up and headed it over to Louis.

“Oh that Harry Styles really can do some ball tricks!” Andy called out, in a high pitch voice, fanning himself like some sort of teenage fan girl.

“I wanna see what he can do with his actual balls!” Louis squeaked, in the same high pitch voice, as he balanced the ball on his head, his blue-grey eyes looking up at the ball, and causing him to be cross-eyed. Harry rolled his eyes and flipped Louis off, before looking over at Andy and Liam who were now joined at the hip, throwing ball jokes back and forth between each other.