Chapter Forty Eight

[ A/N: Look alive, youngsters, fluffsmut. ]

The alarm clock rang fiercely across the small space of Harry Styles’ bedroom, the loud ringing bouncing off the four blue walls violently, and he groaned as he was annoyingly brought from his deep sleep. He forced his eyes back closed and pushed his body into the warm one next to him, his face cuddling into the crook of Zayn Malik’s neck. He let out a long yawn as his hand tightened around Zayn’s, his arm lying across Zayn’s skinny torso.

A heavenly giggle caused one of his eyes to slowly open curiously as the curly haired boy felt Zayn’s shoulders shudder a little from his small laughing fit.

“What you laughing at, fluff?” Harry’s rough morning voice asked, as his thumb started to rub soft circles into Zayn’s knuckles. There was a small smirk on his face as he looked at Zayn’s giggly little smile, both boys tangled up underneath Harry’s thick duvet covers.

“Your curls tickle.” Zayn’s soft whisper came, a quiet but beautiful sound that brought Harry’s other eye fully open as he looked over the perfection of his boyfriend’s face. 

Even when his eyelashes were all spiking out in different directions then straight ahead and the corners of his eyes were now home to small pieces of sleep, Zayn Malik was still the picture of perfection to Harry. The beautiful tanned colour of his skin just stood out against his light blue duvet covers, drawing in Harry’s eyes, in account of the way his dark hair seemed to frame his face in a messy effort was just as intoxicating. The boy was perfection, and nothing else.

“Oh yeah?” Harry mumbled, his mouth slowly bending into a devious smirk.

Zayn’s eyes were already closed softly, but as the boy heard Harry’s ever growing more playful tone, he scrunched his eyes and nose as another slight giggle left his lips involuntarily.

“Yeah.” He mumbled softly, before he tried to secretly peek up at Harry’s face, which he felt the comforting warmth from get closer and closer.

Of course, Harry caught the flash of chocolate that met with his own eyes and grinned to himself. He took another short look of Zayn’s beautiful face, the boy’s eyes closed once more, before he quickly nuzzled his face into Zayn’s bare neck, his arms quickly wrapping around the boy’s torso in an effort to secure him as his body rolled on top of his.

Zayn burst out in a heavenly laugh as he tried to wriggle into Harry’s body to escape the ticklish feeling of curls on his neck. Hiding in Harry’s neck was always his safety, although the boy was finding it hard to hide in the boy tickling him. Zayn nipped at Harry’s collar before snuggling into his neck, his hands wrapping around Harry’s neck in an effort to latch onto the boy. A small squeak had left his mouth as the younger boy tried to tickle his sides, a sound of surrender, which made Harry lean up and grin down at the boy as if admiring his good work. 

“Yeah, that taught ya, fluffball.” Harry chuckled as the morning still had it’s effect on his already deep voice.

Zayn’s chocolate brown eyes slowly peeped up at Harry once again, his long lashes still a messy frame around them. He nuzzled his nose into Harry’s neck, his observing the way Harry’s mouth formed into a slow, lopsided smile as he did so.

“Do you feel hurt? Or sore?” Zayn asked softly, still looking up at Harry’s face as he waited for Harry’s answer. His brown eyes scanned every part of the boy’s face as he waited for the boy to speak.

Zayn liked to watch Harry’s face as he started to talk. His eyes always hovered over the corners of the boy’s mouth, which would stretch a little first as the word behind his lips formed, always having a chain reaction of bringing out Harry’s dimples, one either side of his mouth. Then, slowly, as Harry’s lips slowly opened Zayn would watch as the mirrored rows of his teeth would appear, letting his tongue slip through, as if pushing the word out. Zayn’s eyes caught every single detail of a movement that Harry didn’t think twice about doing.