Chapter Thirty Five

“I just thought he liked me!” Liam cried out, as tears rolled down his tanned cheeks. His brown eyes were full of sadness as he sat on his bed with Louis, crying onto the boy’s shoulder, while his best friend held onto him tightly. Liam’s shoulders shuddered against Louis’ body as he cried his eyes out over Harry Styles. After the small confrontation at lunch, Liam had never felt more hurt by Harry. He didn’t care whether he had almost broken the boy’s nose by shoving a hardback book into his face, he deserved it, but now, Liam was letting it all out. The tears that kept rolling down his cheeks were relentless.

“We all thought he did, too, hun.” Louis tried to comfort, even though it was no use. As he had spoken, he had reached over to Liam’s cheek to wipe a tear from his cheek, but the brown-eyed boy let out another groan and snapped away, being his dramatic self. Liam was normally the type to sort to hide his feelings away from those around him, but if he had a willing audience, he tended to pull out all of the stops.

“I just, I don’t get it! He used to hold my hand, he read all my books and left cute little notes, I thought he loved me!” Liam cried again, his bedroom being filled his own sobs and cries once more. A small whimper came from the bottom of the bed, and Niall reached up to grab hold of Liam’s foot desperately.

“Li Li, what’s wrong?” Niall pleaded, trying to pull himself onto the bed to comfort his crying big brother, but Andy wrapped an arm around his torso and pulled him away from the bed and onto his lap, where he was playing the Xbox. When it came to Liam’s feelings, Louis sorted him out, and Andy just carried out instructions, like getting food or telling a joke to consol the boy. He was a little bored, and had decided to tease Liam’s younger brother, who really was a thrill to tease. Niall’s small and skinny, fourteen-year-old body wriggled desperately against Andy’s as he tried to bat the older boy away.

“No! I want Li Li!” Niall struggled, his own eyes filling with tears, while Andy just kept holding onto him, like a child and a puppy. The older of the brother’s in the room ignored the younger sibling’s pleas for help. His parents were out, and Liam was babysitting, which was just another one of his problems.

“We all thought you guys were going to get together too, I don’t understand why he’s being like this, maybe he’s stressed and doesn’t know how else to take it out?” Louis tried to comfort his best friend once more, stroking his ruffled up browny-blonde locks. Liam whimpered again and nuzzled his face into Louis’ shoulder.

“We would have been perfect!” Liam cried out again, before he buried his face into Louis’ body and cried loudly once again. A look of bore flashed against Louis’ face for a moment, as he patted Liam’s back, rubbing soothing circles into the small of the boy’s back. Louis normally looked after Liam when he was upset or crying, but after a while he did get bored. Liam’s depressive moans did get repetitive, but if he dared show how bored he truly was then he’d get his head bitten off, and he didn’t exactly want that. Especially with Liam being so crazy at the moment.

“Who? Who!” Niall tried again, his small hands trying to prise Andy’s away from his body, even though it came to no avail. Niall knew that Harry would have never been as mean as Andy and Louis were, he didn’t like Liam’s other friends as much as he liked Harry. Harry was his best friend, and Liam needed him, he was so upset! Why wasn’t Harry here?

Any questions from Niall were once again ignored as Andy wrestled with the small boy again, only finding the boy’s childlike characteristics something to laugh over, as Liam and Louis sat on the bed.

“I just don’t get it! He’s already brought you a birthday present, so why would he treat you like this?” Louis spoke, before realising he had let the cat out of the bag and slapping his hand over his mouth. Liam’s ears suddenly pricked up, and he immediately stopped his sobs to process what Louis had just said. There was a silence around the small bedroom as Louis mentally slapped himself, the only sound being that of Niall struggling and trying to wriggle away from Andy.