Chapter 4: A New Threat

July 18, 2025; 2232 HRS

Somewhere in the Appalachian Mountains

"All they are is a bunch of fools in my way." Growled the deep voice of the masked figure. The villain sat in his stone-cold chair, his bile-yellow colored cloak gliding with its recessive color over his dominating sin-black robotic suit. He sat as if he reigned the entire universe. The people, the lands, the actions that were made, but in reality he ruled only a small group of people with the same idea. He was their king, they his subjects, a secret monarchy. "Tell General Thanatos to meet me in the planning chambers." He commanded as he rose from his throne. "Yes, Horkos." Bowed one of the three messengers. The messenger's charcoal grey drapes dripped the floor as he did. Walking away with smile on his face, what could cause one to smile with such dark intensity?

While Horkos walked to the planning chambers, his footsteps echoed through the underground hallways. Murky water dripped from the walls and ceiling, forming a stalactite. As he arrived there, General Thanatus stood at attention and saluted his commander. Horkos returned the salute and walked his way to the huge table in the middle of the room, General Thanatus following behind in uniform cadence. The table had a map of the globe on it and there were tacks marking largely media-related cities such as Hollywood, USA and Shanghai, China.

"When's our first move, sire?" asked the General. "Tomorrow." Horkos answered "When the time is right." Horkos picked up a tack from a small container. "And we'll make that debut... right... here." He said, placing the blood-red tack exactly where Jetstream City, USA was. "The perfect location for our first move Horkos." General Thanatus answered. Horkos nodded and looked to the General, smiling. "Yes. Being the most advanced city technologically, the news will travel around the globe that much faster. The world will know of Crypt."

"My lord, what will we do about Mr. Razer and Mr. Thompson?" asked the General. "They've failed their mission to bomb Sulu Corps. It would've dropped the entire U.S. into another Great Depression. Making it easily conquerable. I will grant them their one and only pardon. They serve for Crypt, they and the rest of our brothers and sisters who have been captured for our practices will be rescued when I give the command." Horkos said. He picked up a quill pen and circled the last jail on the map where the Crypt members were held. "Now go, rest. You will need it for tomorrow's fun." Horkos laughed with an evil hint. General Thanatos nodded and left the planning chambers. "Finally. After all these years of hiding in the dark. We can finally show our faces to the world and spread the truth to all regions." Horkos said triumphantly to himself.

Rage filled Horkos as he remembered the recording that had played before he had come down here. One of the jury members was part of Crypt and had snuck a recording device in the courtroom. It was about the trial of his two members Dave Razer and Elijah Thompson. Horkos bowed down and spoke, facing the ground "Gods of the Olympian Underworld, let Randy Bipo find joy and bliss in the Elysium region." He spoke his prayer. A light lit in his mind "He did it for this lifestyle, this perfect way of life." His voice grew softer as he came to his realization. "To show what Crypt was capable of." Horkos finished with a blast of pride. "Those officers may have stood in my way the first time. I vow they will not win!" He had left the chambers with a dramatic swish of his yellow cape. "Bring the new member to the blacksmith." He demanded to a messenger walking through the halls. "Brand him with the Omega."

July 19, 2025; 0809 HRS

Syth's Apartment

I woke with a start as the music of The Inferno blasted into my ears. The credits were rolling as I stared at the television screen. Rays of the sun lit through the window blinds of Syth's living room. Syth and Thomas were sprawled over the futon, sleeping. Gazing around sleepily, I realized today was a work day. I got up and grabbed my backpack, which was loosely hanging off a nail by Syth's front door. "Hey guys, wake up. We gotta get ready for work." I said, unzipping my Alpha and Beta: The Omega Valors backpack and pulling out my uniform. Thomas stirred a little bit and looked up to me, "thanks for letting me sleep in, Bee." He said, looking at the clock. "I normally get up in about ten minutes from now."

"No problem." I headed towards the bathroom "Get Syth up, will you?" I asked.

I jumped at the sound of Syth's phone ringing. It was one of the newer models that lets you project the screen. I answered Syth's phone and projected it while Thomas woke Syth up. "This is Natasha Rocket, hello Chief" I stated, seeing him in hologram form.

"Hello Natasha, why are you answering Syth's phone?" he asked. "She was asleep until a minute ago." I answered and Chief looked around the room "Okay... Get Syth and turn on the television to the news." The voice on the other side said.

"I will go ahead and do that." I said, pausing to look at Syth. "Just one sec." I turned to Syth "Could you turn your television to channel 63?" 

Syth mumbled something under her breath and then spoke aloud "Sure, I don't see why not."

I looked to the television as a reporter's voice started to speak. "What's going on Chief?" I looked at him, his holographic form glitching momentarily. "Just... listen to the reports." He answered.

"This is Johanna Clark of Jetstream News Now, JNN. We're coming to you live from the station where there's just been reports of threats against the city. Although the origin of this video is unknown, we do however, know what this organization calls itself. We're about to show you a recording of the video that took over our stations earlier today." The reporter disappeared and a video came onto the screen. A masked figure was sitting on what looked like a stone, carved chair. His deep voice sounded as he spoke. "I am Horkos, I represent my great organization, Crypt. I suppose you wonder why this video was made. My many people and I all have the same vision. With me as their ruler, I take this idea to action. We want a civilized reign, people doing things exactly when and where we want to do it. You might be thinking dictatorship" Horkos stepped up and began to pace. 

"Uh, duh!" I argued at the television. Horkos continued. "But we refer to it as order, a balance if you will. We've decided to do a test run with your city. You'll have a few signs to help you figure out your decision. If you're with us, you'll do as we say. Against us, well, let's just say you'll rot like the pitiful souls you are." Horkos' eyes glared through a small slit on his mask as he made the final sentence. The screen went black and the reporter came back on. "We don't know when they'll strike with what they have, but we advise you all to stay home if you can until further notice." The television went black again, this time by Syth.

"Well, shoot." I said. "This can't be good." Thomas replied. Chief waved our attention back to him. "I sent the other officers to check on the town. I need you three down at the station, now."

>>>HEY WATTPAD LOVERS, WRITERS, AND READERS! Just like to point out that writing this book has done wonders. One question that I'd like you all to answer. What kind of lesson should be applied in this book? Until next time, readers of today and tomorrow.<<< 

RECONSTRUCTED