Chapter 31: Aftershock

August 31; 1443 HRS

Cameras flashed consistently, making my eyes hurt. Reporters crowded around the meeting hall, wanting to get a few words from us for their reports. After all, we are the first superheroes ever. My comic book fantasy as a kid was turning into real life. We had our suits on that Chief had given us. Thank goodness for masks. The police of Manhattan said we could keep them on. We stepped onto the platform, awaiting the questions that were going to come. It was only two weeks ago that I had lost my brother. We had a table to ourselves to answer any questions people might have. The sheriff's office set it up to help us prove we weren't bad. After all, we did help end the organization known as Crypt. It was hiding under everyone's nose the whole time. Deputy Dash Spencer even agreed to keep my identity a secret from the press. 

Now, it was time for questions. Reporters raised their hands here and there, each of them with a question, a notepad, and a pen. Syth called on the first one to speak. "Don't you have another teammate?" A tall, curious blonde male asked. "Yes," I started, "but, he's in enemy hands right now." My voice cracked. I called out the next reporter, a dark-skinned brunette. "What are your names?" she asked. We had finally made them last week. "I"m TimeRacer." I said. I combined my two powers into a name. "I'm Sharpshooter." Thomas said, acknowledging his impeccable skill with a gun. "I'm Celsius." Syth said, Fahrenheit seemed a little boyish anyway. Thomas' way of keeping his identiy was argued over a little bit. He only had the helmet.

"What about the fourth?" the blonde asked. " He's Renaissance. Because he's innovative and always has a fresh idea." I said. 

Thomas then called on a ginger in the back who raised her hand more eagerly than anyone else. "What's your team called?" she asked. We gave each other a sideways glance, smiling. "We are The Benefactors." we chanted in unison. 

 >>><<<

HEY WATTPAD LOVERS, WRITERS AND READERS! Oh man, I feel like I could've cried while I wrote this. Since I'm not a crier, that didn't happen. I would like to say thank you to everyone for all the inspiration I could've been given for this book. I would also like to give 25% credit of the story's plot to BenPedemonti, the real author of "Anton Burdan: The Assassin." The Benefactors have much more of a story to tell, so how can it be the beginning when it's the end? I'll continue to write my books and you'll see what I mean. Happy reading people of Wattpad!

P.S. I might add some bonus chapters!

>>><<<

RECONSTRUCTED