Chapter 25: No Other Choice

August 16; 0304 HRS

Manhattan, New York

My hatred for Horkos was only fueled by anger. Angry that he took over Jetstream City, took hostages, and took Noah Barnes' mind. Those were my main points of infuriating resentment. I took in a deep breath when I realized how angry I really was. I breathed out, focusing all the anger out of my system. All it did was fuel up again, but not as much. My vision and hearing blurred throughout the video. I couldn't watch it this early. I took my digital watch and set the alarm for 5 am. At least then I'd get some sleep and still be able to watch it a couple times over.

>>><<<

"Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!" sounded the alarm. I quickly shut it off before it woke the others, seeing Syth shift a little in her sleep. I tiptoed past Thomas and Ben and turned the television back on with low volume. I watched news that had played earlier and watched some new stories. I waited for a little bit until it finally got to Horkos' video. I shook my head awake this time, not wanting to go back to sleep for a nanosecond. I once again watched his unnaturally yellow eyes protrude through the sin black, robotic suit. His armor seemed to be able to withstand thousands of joules of force. Inside that armor, I don't even know what he really looks like.

He was seated in his mundane stone carved chair. The infamous Lazani and Tuledius prowling their way around him in circles. Two of his henchmen stood at the sides of his seat, almost in a parade rest, but their arms were in front of them. They wore the advanced gas masks that should've only been in use for military personnel and police officers. They must've taken a look at the Erie County Police Department after taking the city over.

To make matters worse, an officer I knew, Carla Ramirez, and a civilian were on their knees in front of him. No! I thought, I shed a single tear with the fear of the worst. I felt my stomach clench as I saw them, facing the camera with blindfolds on. They sat strongly and admirably, not muttering a single cry. The blindfolds betrayed the few tears that streamed down their faces. I watched in utter horror as Horkos stood from his throne of stone. He passed them and approached the camera, kneeling to face into it. He started with a small laugh, "You know, Barnes would do anything for you, Athena." A questioning glance swept across my face and I turned back to Athena. She moved a little in her chair, but that was it. I faced the television again. "Fight or flight." Horkos growled with a snit. "I drilled it into his head to fight and somehow you managed to trigger flight." He slammed the floor with his fist and didn't wince from pain. "I guess he couldn't take beating up an old colleague." he smiled. "We used to be partners in the lab. Then, we discovered an element called Omnesium and found a way to make more powerful than it was created to be. You knew it came from another planet, not yours, but another. You knew we could've used it to create the most powerful army. And then you... you tampered with our creation, rendering it useless! He joined you after realizing my plans and helped you!"

His eyes dilated, having a nearly insane look. He plastered a wide, ear to ear grin on his face. "But, guess what? I fixed it. The last key to making it even better was achieved with Noah's help. I'm not sure you can tamper it this time, my goddess. Every time you add something, it will get stronger, it will get worse. That's just music to my ears."

Wow, Horkos is even kookier than I thought. Horkos continued his rambled speech, "Now let's put a change to the subject." his smiled died down to a thin line of disgust. "Barnes told me your little team name. It's kinda cute really, the benefactors. You think you can save him, how quaint. Now listen carefully, I sent Hypnos to you just for this." He stared into the camera long enough for me the realize what he meant. In greek mythology, Hypnos was the god of sleep. I knew Horkos was talking to me, only me. "Do you want to save your fellow officer and a civilian? I'll give you the chance. All you have to do is come here... alone. You come here with the others and I'll fight you myself. You remember how that resulted last time, don't you? You'll locate us by looking at the table. You have until sunrise. Good luck."

Carla shouted at the camera "Don't do it!" and Horkos looked viciously behind him, turning off the camera. I got up and paced around the small apartment. I had only two and a half hours now. He's got Carla and a civilian. Carla said not to, Carla's not always right. Gah! I have to save them, I'm the only one that can. What if...? I stopped my thought process, determined on what I was about to do.

>>><<<

HEY WATTPAD LOVERS, WRITERS, AND READERS! Yeah, that is my intro from now on.  I like it. Sorry for yet another short chapter, I hope you've enjoyed it, it seems interesting to me. Have a good one guys!

>>><<<