Chapter 11-My new date

Ever since me and James broke up things are so much different we talk on the phone more than usual we usually just talk about the twins. I decided im going to the dance with Rodrick.... He's really sweet and him and my brother aren't so close any more. Me and Rodrick have gone out on a couple of dates and he doesn't mind the twins at all. He actually like's them sometimes all of us will go to the local park or just to his place. He even said that he wont rush things because he knew things were still healing up.

"So you wanna go for a ride down to the Park later?" Rodrick asked me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Sure" i smiled pecking him on the lips.

"Hey you want to hit up that new club in town tonight?" he asked following me into my room. He shut the door behind us.

"Uhh i really don't know...i mean my parents will be at work and Jake is going to spend the night at Jamal's place who will watch the twins?" i asked worridley.

"Call a babysitter ki."

"How could i trust a 'babysitter' with the twins i mean....i can't just leave-" i was cut off by my mom opening my door.

"Oh hello Rodrick how are you son?" she smiled. I don't think my mom ever really liked James...she didnt care about our breakup...

"Im doing good Mrs.King." he said politely waving to her.

"Good....oh uh yea Kiona sweety im going to be home a little earlier tonight so tommorow i will be at work until 12." she smiled again. "Love you sweety i'll be back around 9"

"Wait uh....mom...when you come home do you mind watching the twins?" i asked with a puppy dog face.

"Kiona where are you going?"

"Uh...were going to a club downtown and we'll be back before curfew."

"Rodrick...take care of my daughter okay?" she looked between me and Rodrick.

"I will Mrs.King" he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me close.

"Good, love you two bye" she smiled and walked out the door. Seconds later the front door opened closed.

I turned towards Rodrick and smiled wrapping my arms around his neck. The moment was ruined when the twins started crying. "Hold on" i chuckled walking across the hall to the Twins' room.

"What's that?" Rodrick asked yanking my left arm in the air.

"Oww! Rodrick! What are you doing?" he grabbed my left hand and pulled it up eye level.

"Who proposed?" he asked in an overprotective boyfriend kinda tone.

"Oh...that" i noticed i still had James' ring...i sighed and felt my eye's become watery. We were gonna get married.. I chuckled. "Just from an old friend...put it on the wrong finger this morning."

"Oh well don't cry...it looks like an engagement ring though? Bae are you sure its nothing?"

"yea..." i took it off and tossed it in my garbage bin" its..nothing" he pulled me into a hug and then we went to cater to the twins.

••*^~_James' POV_~^*••

I still can't belive Me and Kiona broke up....i love her...and i still do. I decided to take Vanessa to the dance. She has been a little touchy and grabby might i add? But she's a nice girl and im just scared to fall for her. If my friends ever hear me talking like that they'll call me a bitch.... I need to stop.

'They say snakes in the grass so imma cut that shit. Alp the girls want is cash so i can't trust a bitch!' My phone rang i checked the caller Id and it was Vanessa. I sighed and answered.