XI - Confessions

I was staring, and I realized that I was staring. I also knew that staring was creepy.

But I could not tear my eyes away.

"Elf, your friend is freaking me out."

"Alby, stop being weird!" Elf picked up the nearest couch pillow and tossed it at me.

A pillow to the face certainly snapped me out of my trance.

Oh, and I threw the pillow back at her. Hard.

Elf was about to throw two when Jada stopped her, "Okay, enough with the pillow fight."

I looked back at the White sister, still a little in shock.

"This doesn't creep you out, Elf?" I asked her, "I mean, look at her."

Elf turned her head to the subject I was speaking of, "What about her?"

Jada was awkwardly glancing between the two of us, "She looks exactly like Jamie, but with boobs!"

"They don't look that similar." Elf said, now off of her chair and next to Jada, poking at her face.

"Oh, c'mon." I sat up and grabbed a picture of the jerk-face off of a table nearby and put it up next to Jada's face.

"Oh, now I see it."

"Exactly."

Jada swatted away Elf's fingers, "Who cares? So I look like my brother."

It's bad enough that she has the same sharp jawline.

The same massive brown eyes.

The same thick black curls, tight - unlike Elf's - that stretch to her shoulders.

But, she also forms the same three lines in between her eyebrows when she's frustrated.

Are these two twins?

"No, we're not twins."

I guess I said that out loud...

"I'm only one year younger, though."

"How come I've never seen you before?" I asked, placing myself back in the couch across from Jada and Elf.

"Skimpy goes to school with me." Elf beat Jada to the punch, and wrapped her arms around Jada's skinny frame in the process.

"Yes," little White beamed, "Jamie might be older, but I got all the talent."

I snorted.

"So Skimpy..."

"So Elf..."

"I'm going to need all the dirty little secrets you promised me."

Jada laughed and stood up, "Stay here."

"Dirty little secrets?" I asked with an eyebrow raise.

"You'll like this, I promise." Elf chuckled with a mischievous expression.

"Miss Pierce!"

I had to stop daydreaming about my little field trip yesterday since my English teacher scared me senseless.

Chuckles were heard from the left of the classroom, and when I looked over, I saw big White almost breaking his face with a huge grin.

I just smiled back.

He wouldn't be grinning for much longer.

__________________________________________________________________________________