XX - Wizard

It was perfection.

And I mean straight from the ink that flowed from Nicholas Spark's pen perfection.

He took me roller skating –

Something I haven't done since New York.

He treated me to a dinner at a restaurant that I loved but Jamie had hated – So, I haven't been there in forever.

He opened doors,

Pulled out chairs,

And even laid down his jacket one time so I wouldn't have to step in a puddle.

It was the beginning of a sappy romantic movie that I wasn't sure I wanted to act in.

"So, how did I do?"

I looked up from my open locker – which I zoned out staring into – and the meathead from my daydreams materialized on the other side of my locker row.

I raised my freshly threaded eyebrow.

"Do I get a date numero dos?"

"That's some great Spanglish."

"Thank you. Worked all day on that."

I smiled and slammed the light grey locker shut.

"Soo...do I?"

The smile remained on my lips – although much more faint – as I looked between his bright, hopeful eyes.

I carefully maneuvered from my side of the locker row in my monstrous maroon boots with the thick heels that were threatening to break my ankles if I made one misstep.

"You knew how much I missed the rink..."

He smiled.

"But, you let me fall...more than once."

"That wasn't my fault." He defended, drawing closer to me, "You're clumsy."

"You took me Andy's, but ordered me a salad."

"You're a health freak. How was I supposed to know you wanted the ravioli?"

"You could've asked?"

"You wanted chivalry. I gave you chivalry."

" – but a boring salad."

He paused, "...A for effort?"

I didn't know what to say. My thoughts were all jumbled together with the Operation, my mixed feelings, the changes in my attitude that make me question who I even am anymore...

When did my life get so complicated?

Oh, wait.

It's always been complicated.

"So..."

Jackson and I were close enough to kiss.

He reached up and fixed my crumpled collar. The same hand, once its tasked had been completed, quickly and slightly brushed down my collarbone as it made the journey back to Jackson's side.

The gentle touch made me look at his clear face, perfectly shaped jaw, and red lips.

"So..." I repeated.

He's a great guy.

Great guy.

He's a perfect guy.

Perfect guy.

His lips look good enough to kiss.

Meh...