XVI - Past

Mr. Videl passed out tests to everyone in the class (meanwhile satisfying himself by taking a look down some girls' shirts) which made this anxious feeling well up in my chest.

I suddenly began to wonder if maybe I should've taken my tutoring sessions a bit more seriously...

When it was my turn to receive an exam (and a perverted peek) all that anxiety I had felt faded away.

"I-I know what that means..." I thought as I stared at the first problem.

"and that one too!"

...I'm about to kill this test.

Like straight up slaughter the mess out of this exam.

I was almost tempted to tell Mr. Videl to give me every test he got 'cause I would just murder those too!

It's safe to say that my pencil put in work because my hand was moving fast as lighting...and was kung fu fighting.

Ha.

Anyway, when I was done, I looked around to see how everyone else was doing.

I peered to my left: everyone was still bent over their desks.

I looked over to my right: everyone was still head scratching.

AND I'm the first one done??

Somebody stop me; I am on fire.

"Yes!" I thought and slammed down my pencil.

It took me a moment to realize there was one problem with my mental celebration: I didn't just think that last phrase, if you're catching my drift.

Plus, it was so quiet in that classroom that my mechanical pencil making contact with the desk sounded like the explosion of an atomic bomb.

Everyone â including that loner in the back â stared at me with wide eyes.

I smiled and said, "Back to work, everyone."

Some guy snickered, "Smooth, Phoebe."

I didn't get a chance to see who it was that said that because I was too busy watching my teacher call me up to his desk.

"Miss Pierce?" Mr. Videl beckoned me over with his bony, hairy fingers.

I sighed and slid myself out of my metal chair. I had to walk past three desks since I was in the fourth row. One of which was occupied a guy I didn't recognize who gave me a mocking thumbs up.

I suppose I'm supposed to know him so I stuck my tongue out at him playfully.

"Bring up your test, too." Mr. Videl said before I could get too close,

"Since you feel the need to disrupt my class, I'm going to grade your test right now."

I closed my eyes for a second in irritation, "Is that really necessary, Mr. Pervel?"

Some of the students gasped.

I gave away our secret code name.

"What was that?" Mr. Videl stood up from his desk.

Frick.

Why, Phoebe, why? Why can't you ever keep your mouth shut?

But, you guys know how this works by now.

First, I'm going to list my choices:

A.) Apologize to the perv-ball so that he doesn't make me stay after school with him or something so that he can molest me with his eyes