Chapter Eleven

[Savannah POV]

Dylen and I had been busy planning the company party and we'd finally reached the week of the party. Dylen's auntie insisted we go and buy dresses, so we headed into the city. Dylen found a gorgeous black and gold dress, she teamed it with nude heels and bought a cute white quilted clutch. We knew that at the party we would be able to wear some of the jewellery so we didn't buy anything new. I found a totally cute black and white dress that hugged my curves perfectly. I decided to go with a black, white and gold theme and bought some gold glittery peep toe heels. Dylen had to talk me out of wearing flats, I wasn't much of a heel wearer but she convinced me that just this once I should wear them.

The day of the party finally came and I had hardly slept a wink. I kept having all sorts of nightmares, in one of them Luke showed up to the party with another girl and I tripped in my heels and landed face first into the champagne glass pyramid. In another, no one showed up to the party. I yawned, checking the time on my phone. Just as I lit up the screen, a text came through.

Text from Lukey:

"Good morning Savannah(: hope you slept well. Can't wait to see you tonight! <3"

I smiled. How could such a simple text be so cute?!

Reply to Lukey:

"Morning Lucas! I actually slept pretty bad:( but I hope you slept well! Can't wait to see you too, I'm sure you'll look super handsome all dressed up;) see you later <3"

I pressed send and chucked my phone down next to me on my messy bed. I've never been a tidy sleeper, always untucking the cover and throwing my pillows off the bed in my sleep. That's why I never slept with a teddy as a child, it would always end up on the floor. I rubbed my eyes, yawning and sat up. I looked over to Dylen's bed, it was empty and neatly made. I frowned, 'where is she?' I thought to myself. I flung the covers off and reluctantly climbed out of bed. I ambled over to the en suite, knocking on the door lightly, 'Dyl? You in there?' No reply. I knocked again and then opened the door, the bathroom was empty. I used the toilet and washed my hands, then splashed cold water on my face. I looked in the mirror, my lack of sleep showed through dark circles under my eyes. I sighed, I wasn't cut out for party planning, too much stress! I decided to go and look for Dylen. I headed to the kitchen and found her sat at the breakfast bar drinking a glass of orange juice and talking on her phone to someone. 'What up, D?' I said, and she vaguely waved back. That meant one thing, she was on the phone to lover boy. I rolled my eyes and opened the fridge, the cold air was shocking on my damp face but it felt good. I helped myself to the carton of apple juice, closing the fridge door and finding a glass. Dylen's auntie came in the kitchen as I was pouring, making me jump and causing me to spill the juice just slightly. 'good morning girls! Oh dear, bit jumpy Savannah!'

'Morning. Yeah, story of my life!' I laughed, getting a cloth and wiping up the mess. 'Ok, see you later! I love you.. No, I love you more! No, I do!' Dylen laughed down the phone, 'Ok, fine. See you soon babe... No you hang up first! No you!' I rolled my eyes to the heavens, and left the kitchen, heading upstairs. I sat down on my bed, sighing heavily. I wasn't a morning person at the best of times but with barely any sleep I was atrocious. My phone went off, another message from Luke.

"Aww, poor you! Well you know what they say, when you can't sleep it means you're awake in someone else's dreams(: and I think I know who's dreams they were;) see you later, I'll be looking handsome and you'll be looking gorgeous haha! <3"

I smiled and threw my phone on the bed. Dylen came into the room, finally detached from her phone, 'yo yo!' she said cheerily. I barely mumbled a 'hello' in reply. Dylen stood over me, hands on her hips, 'what's wrong Sav? Tell me, now.' she said in an authoritative voice. I moaned, rubbing my eyes, 'Where do I begin? I've had barely any sleep, I have massive dark circles under my eyes, I feel sick, I miss England and my mum, tonight we're attending a high class party with lots of posh people and posh dresses and expensive jewellery and I'm the queen of clumsy so chances are I'll break something and forever be in debt to the people of Australia, oh and Luke is going to be there looking all sexy and stuff and will probably have some posh little princess hit on him and they'll fall madly in love and all the while I'll be stood there with serious fatigue in heels that I cant even walk in.' I said, barely just pausing for breath. I looked up at Dylen with wide, pleading eyes. After a prep talk, Dylen made me realise there was nothing to worry about, I could have a quick nap, concealer could easily fix the dark circles, I'd see my mum soon, as long as I stayed calm and didn't touch anything I'd be fine around all the jewellery, Luke was pretty into me so that was fine, and I had been wearing the heels around the house.