Chapter 3: Pack Hospital

Rebecca's POV

"Please..." I whispered to Drake begging him to stay with me.

Then I cried as his eyes slowly closed.

Drake can't die, not today. Then my best fighter friend, James shifted into his human form then he came and kneeled next to me. He pulled me into a warm hug as I cried and hid my face into his shoulder. When he pulled away, he wiped my tears and we both looked at Drake.

"He's not dead, but he is in a critical condition. I'll take him to the pack hospital with Rebecca." He told everybody and then he picked Drake up and we all walked back towards the pack house and hospital to pay our respects to our critically ill Alpha.

When we arrived the whole pack was shocked. They kept looking at me, James and our unconscious Alpha. I don't like it when the whole pack stare at me. I feel like they are judging me, like its my fault the Alpha is hurt.

Then I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and see Cole.

He hands me a dark purple flower and says, "Beta Rebecca, I think Alpha Drake was force fed this plant several times. It's called Wolfsbane, its a poison to us werewolves. I guess somebody wanted the Alpha dead or critically ill. Each dose has a different effect. The first dose makes you loose contact with your wolf and you can't mind-link others. The second dose makes you shift into your human form and you are stuck in that form, there is a chance you will never shift into your wolf ever again. Extreme pain also surges through your body. The third dose intensifies the pain. This step could kill you without the final dose if you aren't strong enough. The final dose kills you or puts you into a coma. If Alpha Drake was force fed Wolfsbane, he's in a coma."

I am amazed that he has told me that much information. I give the flower back to him and grab his arm and we run to the pack hospital to see Alpha Drake.

"We need to tell them about this plant!" I tell Cole once we arrive. He nods his head and then the doctor comes and stands before us.

He bows his head before saying, "Beta Rebecca, I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I ask confused.

The doctor sighs before saying, "Your mate is in a coma and on life support."