Chapter 8: Let Me In

Drake's POV

Cole just stood at the door in confusion as he saw me in a wheelchair at his adopted daughter's mate's hospital room. I wish I could tell him but Rebecca has to know before him, to respect her privacy, she may decide to never tell anybody. It's her choice and I will never stand in her way.

Cole finally breaks our silence by whispering, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in bed?"

I roll my eyes then whisper back, "You sound like the nurse that I shouted at the other end of the ward. Let me answer your questions. Number one, I am here because I need to talk to my Beta. Number two, yes, I should be in bed but I need to see my Beta."

Cole growls, "You are not seeing my daughter."

Then I feel like my wolf has taken over although he is missing as I shout, "I AM YOUR ALPHA! YOU DO AS I SAY AND LET ME SEE MY BETA. YES, I'M WEAKER THAN USUAL BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T SNAP YOUR NECK!"

I then hear a familiar growl from inside the room Cole is denying me access to. It's Rebecca. I guess she doesn't like me shouting at Cole. That's understandable. Cole is her adopted father. Wait, I'm her biological brother! I want to be the one that she is mega protective about. She shouldn't even be a Beta! She should really be Alpha because she's my older sister but I'm the official Alpha and that can't be changed.

Once I calm down I say, "Please let me in."

Cole then steps aside and lets me in. My sister is in tears whilst hugging her now awake mate.