Chapter 21: Love Can Hurt

Rebecca's POV

Triston and I have finally switching mine and Drake's offices around. I now have the Alpha office and he has the Beta office.

I sit behind the desk and look around. I feel so happy that I can finally be me, Alpha Rebecca. My eyes stop dead in their tracks when I see Triston sitting on the sofa in the corner of the room. I walk up to the sofa and sit next to him, I look at him but he doesn't look at me.

"Triston, what's wrong? You're never like this..." I say quietly and calmly.

"Well, things are going too quickly. I just got back from being a hostage, my twin brother just died, you have just come out of a coma and now your Alpha. Plus you lied to me! You never told me you were Drake's sister!" Triston almost yelled.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I didn't find out that long ago. Triston, I love you. Please don't be angry." I tried to calm him down but I guess it's not working.

"Love can hurt, Rebecca." And with that he left the office.

He's right. Love can hurt...

Later that night...

I sit alone in my new room, I say 'my' because I don't know when Triston will return. He left the territory and I don't know where he went. I guess he doesn't care about me.

Then I lie in my bed and cry myself to sleep...