Chapter 24: Christmas Eve and Code 9

Rebecca's POV

It's Christmas Eve! Yesterday everybody was decorating except for when Alpha Jonas came onto my territory. Ella-Louise is out of hospital, Makenzie and Drake have started to share a room and the Christmas tree is up. It's going to be perfect!

Well... Except one thing. Triston hasn't returned. My thoughts get interrupted when the phone rings.

"Hello?" I almost whisper into the phone.

"Where is Makenzie Love?" Someone shouts into the phone.

"Who is this Makenzie Love?" I pretend to act like I don't know her.

"Babe, I'm kidding. It's Triston..." This brings me comfort in this difficult but exciting time.

"I'm spending Christmas in the FrozenMoon pack, Not too far from the SnowMoon pack and a 24 hour walk from the GreyCresent Pack. I need to spend time with my family." I stay silent, I am his family. I am his mate. With that I hang up.

A few hours later...

"Rebecca, Hey!" Makenzie shouts at me before running towards me.

"Hey Mac, where's Cheese?" She just tilts her head at my very cheesy joke.

"Who's Cheese?" Before I can answer she gets the joke, "Oh, you mean Drake. He's putting candy canes on the Christmas tree with my sister, I kind of trust him now."

"Well, at least you trust me. I guess." I reply.

"I don't trust you, Alpha Rebecca. Hurt my sister and your dead." She growls into my ear. She then pushes me and goes inside of the pack house.

I get up and dust myself off. Today couldn't get any better! Note the sarcasm. I just want Triston.

I walk into the pack living room to see Ella-Louise watching SpongeBob SquarePants without Makenzie or Drake around.

"Hey El." I say as I sit next to her.

"Hey Re. She replies. Ella-Louise and I have special nicknames for each other, I'm Re and she's El.

"Wanna play a prank on my brother and your sister?" I ask.

She immediately nods her head and we run out of the pack living room.

59 minutes later...

"Ready El?" I whisper.

"Born ready!" She replies before screaming. After she screams Drake and Makenzie immediately run into the pack living room. I notice the colour of their eyes and their eyes are red. We need to stop.

"El. Stop. Their wolves have taken over, it's too dangerous." I whisper.

"Let's go!" She whispers back. We run out of the patio door behind the Christmas Tree. We then run into the pack fighters.

"Alpha Rebecca, Ella-Louise, what's wrong?" Cole asks.

"It's Drake and Makenzie. Their eyes are red. Code 9." Code 9 mean extreme wolf taking over. Alphas and Betas have to learn about Code 9's, it's the law. It can be serious.

"Abandon the pack house without them knowing. Now!" I order. They all run into the pack house as I take Ella-Louise to a secret bunker.

"Don't worry, Ella-Louise, Christmas Day will be better, I promise." I whisper as we enter the bunker.