Chapter 2

While walking I finally noticed the type of clothes Darius and Rose were wearing, Rose wore a red dress of rough material that finished at her ankles and Darius wore a green old looking shirt with brown trousers, they both wore brown boots. It was very strange, nobody back home wore that type of clothing, in fact i'm sure them clothes are from the medieval period I thought to myself!
"Excuse me, but what year is this?" I asked
"It's 1193" Darius answered looking at me strangely. I felt dizzy all of a sudden, how was this possible, it had to be a dream, this couldn't be real.
"Surely you should know that! If you don't mind me asking what were you doing out in that part of the forest that's past the border Mercian territory and why were you unconcious?"
"Well you see I am a long way from home! And I guess I must have just blacked out thats all, I was exhausted!"
"Well don't worry!" said Rose "Mama will help, it's not far now!"
I smiled at her and quickened my pace, I had kept a cool exterior but now I was freaking out inside! 1193! Thats not possible! How! Why! ok Bree just keep it together you will figure this out I thought. I had been to preoccupied with my thoughts that I hadn't noticed the trees thinning, suddenly they disappeared completely and I was confroted with a amazing sight. A small olden day village, with small houses made from wood and stone, it was all so quaint and beautiful. Flower boxes stood in gardens, it all looked so green and lush, with little cobbled streets. There were people all dressed similarly to Rose and Darius going about there daily duties buying bread, tending to animals and plants. It was like a scene from a Medieval book had come to life! There were even clothes hanging on lines out to dry.

The siblings started to run now, occasionaly exchanging hello's and good morning's to the people around, I followed easily matching their pace, sometimes recieving the odd strange glance. But that was given considering the fact I was dressed in black jeggins, a white jumper and a dark brown leather jacket with black converse! We ran and ran until we finally reached out destination a medium sized house with a thatched roof and a pretty little, well looked after gardens and a few chickens, picking up leftover corn! Rose and Darius disappeared straight inside, calling out for their mother. I hesitated, I had always been shy around new people so this was no picnic for me, but after a moment, I told myself to stop being a Wimp and headed on inside...

I walked inside to a cosy looking kitchen, it was so bright and open. A stove with a roaring fire sat in the corner and a long wooden table took up most of the middle of the room, with a small cupboard opposite. A plump, rosy cheeked woman with the same strawberry blonde hair as her children, around 35 stood stiring a pot over the stove,
"Darius, Rose you're back , just in time for lunch, please call your brother and sister down!" the women said
"Yes okay mum, but first, let me introduce you to Brianna, we found her just outside the border in Mercian territory, she was unconcious!"
At that the lady turned around a worried expression on her face,
" Oh hello dear my name's Molly, I am glad Rose and Darius found you before the Mercians did!" She turned slightly to look at her two children, "But what were you two doing past the border, I told you to stay away it's dangerous over there!"
"But mom, if we hadn't had found her she would be lost!" Complained Darius with rose nodding enthusiastically in agreement.
"Fine, but if I hear that you have been over the border again, you will be in serious trouble! Now go tell you siblings to come and eat lunch."

Rose and Darius scampered off out of the room and disappeared from sight. I turned to face Molly and scratched my arm nervously,
"Um Hello, I was wondering if you could help me, i'm far far far away from home and hopelessly lost and I just have no idea what to do." I said trying to unsuccessfully to stop my voice from cracking.
Molly's frown deepened and her anxious look returned, "Oh no honey, I have an idea how about you stay with us, you look around the same age as my daughter, maybe a year younger and i'm sure she would love a friend! Also Rose and Darius seem to love you! please stay with us" Molly answered kindly,
"Are you sure?" I replied "I wouldn't want to be a burden!"
"No no no, it would be no hassle, I would love to have you"
"Well if your sure, I would love to!" I said gratefully, relief clearly evident in my voice.
"Yes yes I am, now wash your hands and sit down and I will introduce you to the rest of the family during lunch, I am afraid my husband and eldest son won't be back till this evening though!"
I smiled and thanked her and sat down just as a Girl around 16 walked in with a boy who looked the same age. I later learned the girl was called Mikayla and the boy was called Peter. They both seemed awfully nice and I got along with Mikayla really well and for the first time since I arrived in this strange World, I allowed myself a small smile.

Me, Rose, Darius, Peter and Mikayla were sitting in a cosy I guess you could call living room, when we heard the front door bang shut and two sets of heavy footsteps followed suit, in walked a gray haired man with twinkling blue eyes alongside a boy around 17-18 I think with the same strangly bright blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair like the rest of the family.
"Daddy" squealed Rose in delight and along with Darius ran up to envelop him into a hug. The man who I now knew as their dad laughed a loud laugh and hugged the firmly back. A pang of sadness went through me, I missed my family so much. Not one of the new arrivals seemed to notice me until the boy flicked his eyes over the rest of the group, he nuged his father who immediately caught on,
"Why hello, Mikayla why don't you introduce me to your new friend?" It was just at that moment that Molly burst through the door,

"Gerald" she said who I presumed was their Father,
"This is Brianna, she is going to be staying with us for a while, she is a long way from home and was found, practically in Mercian territory! I mean I can't bare to imagine what they would have done to her had they found her and not Rose and Darius!"
Geralds eyes went dark, " Oh yes they would have torn her to shreds either that or kept her as a slave. Your lucky child the Mercians are a group of terrible rougue Wolves, incapable of feeling!"
The room had suddenly fell silent and I sat their feeling puzzled, I mean wolves is that meant to be a metaphor or something? Suprisingly it was the eldest son that spoke...
"Well" he said "What a nice lesson that was, come father why don't we eat supper, i'm starving sand i'd rather eat it while it's warm."

Gerald agreed and they exited the room. At that point Rose and Darius chose to go help their mother wash up and Peter left to go and run an errand before it got too dark. Mikayla spoke up
"Why don't we go and get you settled in, come on i'll show you my room." We rushed up the stairs and took the first door to the left it led to a medium sized cosy looking bedroom with one bed in the corner. Mikayla walked to the cupboard pulled out some blankets and started to arrange a bed onto the floor, I took this oppurtunity to ask my question...
"Mikayla What does your father mean by wolves?"...

AN: Chapter 2 I hope you like it!