Chapter 15

The city gates loomed just ahead and I realised I had only about 15 minutes until we reached the castle and Tristan. I was mentally freaking out and it didn't help that the closer we got to the castle the more scar face would glance at me and grin. I knew he would have alerted Tristan through the mind link by now and that made me all the more nervous. Taking the last opportunity to view freedom I gazed out to the town, ordinary peop... Werewolves going about their ordinary days, miserable but free. Right now I would kill to be free. The castle seemed to be getting ever closer and I was so close to kicking scar face in a place he won't forget. A single tear slipped down my face, as I realised I would most likely be trapped here for a long time. Back in the same four walls. I was quick to wipe it away, no need to give scar face something else to smile about. The carriage came to an abrupt holt, drawing a deep breath I stepped out, but was immediately grabbed on the forearm and frogmarched through the doors. We ended up in front of the throne room and I was roughly pulled through, when I hesitated. The throne room was empty except for the Alpha, Luna sitting on the thrones and the face I was dreading to see, who was unusually standing. Well them and a handful of guards. Tristan's eyes flashed when he saw the guards hand on my arm and it was removed almost immediately. My breath was now uneven and I was shaking, although I tried to cover it. Scar face was the first to break the silence by awkwardly clearing his throat and reporting to the Alpha. But my eyes were on Tristan and his eyes on me I paid no attention to that conversation. Tristan's eyes held so much emotion, the relief was evident as was the disappointment, but what scared me was the raw anger I saw in them. His eyes although not black yet were a very deep shade of green and his mouth drawn into a hard line. I would be lucky to come out of this unscathed. My attention snapped back to the Alpha as he addressed me,
"You would run away from this? Why?" He demanded outrage is his tone, I shrank under his glare.
"I...I...um I don't belong here, I just want to go home to my family except I don't know where home is anymore and and just let me go!"
Luna Lillian looked at me with sorrow, but the Alpha's eyes were still as hard as stone.
"This is your family now, you belong to your mate there is no leaving. Although I have half a mind to order my son to reject you," at this I felt a pang of sadness passed through me however I pushed it down, it would be for the best I thought. Although I couldn't help but glance at Tristan's face to see pain flashing across his own. This was quickly masked with an indifferent face.
"But I won't do that." The Alpha continued "As my son deserves happiness and I won't take that from him, neither will you."
I remained silent holding back tears, I won't show weakness in front of this many people.
"While I could it wouldn't be my proper place to think of a suitable punishment, that will be left up to Tristan. All I will say is try to escape again and you will not like the consequences."

Weakly nodding my head, that he took as a sign of acceptance I was ushered from the room and told to wait outside. No doubt being watched I stood perfectly still waiting for Tristan. My heart thumped in my chest, the palms of my hands sweaty. Finally after what seemed like years but in reality couldn't have been no more than a minute, he emerged.
"Follow me," Was all he said, not even glancing in my direction. Surprisingly he started to lead me towards his bedroom, I had though for sure he would have thrown me in the dungeons again. Not saying anything, not wanting to push my luck I followed him quietly, eyes cast to the floor.
When we reached his room, he opened the door and stood silently waiting for me to go inside. I did hesitantly and crossed the room trying to get a little bit of distance, somehow his silence was even worse than his words. At least then I would know what he planned to do to me. I heard the door slam shut, but stayed facing the other way, I was afraid of what I would see if I turned.
"Brianna, turn around." Tristan ordered quietly. I stood still debating with myself on whether I should or not.
"Brianna..." He warned.
Slowly I turned and met his dark emerald eyes which were cold with rage. Taking a shaky breath I took a step back, as he took one forward.
"I...I..." My voice trailed off as he took another two steps forward. I took one back but abruptly hit then wall. It was then a random though flitted through my mind, now I know how prey feels when it is stalked.
"Why did you run Brianna?" He asked his voice calm but eyes full of storm.
"Look, I'm... Im sorry. It's just... Well... I"
"Brianna!"
"I don't belong here okay, I want to go home, I miss my family even my annoying brother. Just please let me go home! I can't stay, I can't be your mate, I don't want to be forced to do something I don't want to do!"
It was then I realised the mistake of my words, Tristan's eyes turned fully black as he stalked over and pinned me to the wall. His face leaned in so it was almost touching mine...
"Brianna, you are mine, you belong with me and don't you Ever! EVER! Say you're not my mate!" Is that clear!"
I was shaking as he practically roared at me face, tears slipped down my face as I realised I was well and truly trapped I would never see my family again!
"Is that clear?" He asked again, my voice shaking I answered "Crystal."
Relaxing the hold he had on my wrists after I spoke, he leaned a little further away giving me time to breathe. It was then I noticed the sparks on my skin where his hand touched my wrist. Surprisingly it gave me a feeling of comfort one I squashed with a glance up at his still dark although not completely black eyes.

He seemed to be lost in thought as I awkwardly waited for him to decide my fate. Finally he snapped out of it and his eyes re focused on me.
"In fact, my little mate it's time I marked you, trust me when I say it will be a whole lot harder for you to escape after that."
I stared confused at his words, Mark me what does that mean? It was then two and two clicked, the marks I had seen on some one the women's skin in the town. The way most bore it with pride, no that couldn't happen to me! I couldn't be tied down and objectified like that not to mention it would look horrible on my skin. I started to weakly try and pull my wrists away from his grip, I also remember Kayla saying something about marking, what was it? My eyes widened in realisation and I double my efforts to get away.
"No! No! Tristan please! No!"
He chuckled, "Brianna you're not getting away from me again!"
More and more tears slipped down my face, this made Tristan pause, lightly he touched one of the tears, which freed one of my wrists. Using the fact he was distracted I pulled out of his grasp and flung myself away from him.
Mikayla had said if I am marked because I am human there is a chance it could kill me!
"Tristan please listen to me, please. You can't mark me!"

His eyes darkened,
"Brianna you certainly don't give orders to me! I can do whatever the hell I want, especially after your little escapade!" I winced at the volume of his voice. Realising there was no way to get out of this I had to tell him I was human or risk being killed. Neither option was appealing.
Deciding on the one that would hopefully not cause me pain, I tried again...

"Tristan, I need to tell you something and you're not going to like it."
His eyes narrowed, "What?"
I carefully walked closer to him but still out of his immediate grasp in case this turned out badly.

"Tristan... I'm, I'm human..."
He staggered with shock,
"What?"
"I'm Human." I repeated.
"I swear on the Knights code, Brianna if this is another trick I will..."
"It's not a trick," I pleaded desperately, cutting him off.
He gazed at me for a long time, before sighing,
"I know you're not lying."
I shrunk in relief,
"Thank you." I replied in a small voice.

"Brianna, how did you really come across my pack? Humans are extinct it's impossible, yet I can see you're telling the truth?"

"You won't believe me if I told you," I said sadly.

"Try me." was all he replied.

"I come from another world where there are no werewolves, I didn't know werewolves existed until a few weeks ago, I don't know how I got here but I woke in a clearing. Apparently on Mercian territory." I noticed the tensing of his jaw at the mention of his enemies but carried on, "I then volunteered for the girl whose family had took me in, so to let her remain for her family and you know the rest." I carefully left out the golden woman fearing he may think of me as insane.

"Okay, I guess that explains it. But Brianna why are you running from me?"

"Because I want to go home Tristan! Can't you see, I'm 16 I need my family and friends, I want to go home! I just don't know how to get there. I thought maybe going back to the clearing would hold the answers." I cried.

"Brianna, I can't help you get home and I wouldn't want you to go anyway, you need to accept that I'm your mate and your obviously meant to be here with me!" He said urgently. When I didn't respond he continued, "If you keep running, you could get hurt and from what I've heard there is no way for you to get home anyway!"

I didn't want to tell him about the locket, that's my only hope but even with that I could feel what he was saying starting to affect me, maybe he was right. What was I running to? I mean sure Tristan wasn't the nicest but my trip showed me there are plenty worse out there. Defeated I dropped my gaze to the floor, my shoulders sagged. I didn't fight when Tristan places his arm around my shoulder bringing me to his side.

"Look I'm sorry to tell you but, you can't tell anyone you're human. I can only protect you so much and while it kills me to say this, it people knew you were human it would make you seem weak to them. It would be an easy way to hurt this pack and me."
I simply nodded to tired and emotionally exhausted to do anything else, plus Tristan's mood swings were wearing me out.
"Come on," he lead me to his bed, then threw me one of his shirts. "Here, now sleep Bri, I'll come check on you later, I've just got to do some things. Gratefully accepting the time to be alone I nodded and after changing sank into a deep sleep.

AN: One of the all important Chapters! The big reveal to Tristan!! Hope you enjoyed it!!