Chapter 21

It's been five days of absolute chaos, people frantically running back and forth, I haven't really seen much of Tristan in that time. But I've been charged with overseeing the care of the people making sure they all have sufficient supplies and raising morale. The reports back from the villages, even the outlying ones have all been positive. The people are once again feeling more patriotic and rebellion is now unlikely. There is a better sense of community and for me pride at what is being put in place and starting to accomplish.

The guards are also interacting with the villagers more, which is definitely improving security as everyone is much more compliant. Pulling myself out of my wandering thoughts I looked back down at the papers I was meant to be studying. Running a hand through my unruly hair as I gazed over them, I nodded my head in satisfaction. I was still in Tristan's room of course but with all this work I was feeling less trapped and starting to feel more useful. Shuffling the papers into a pile I stacked them all together neatly. Finally finished for today, I took a deep breath. I just wished I could go out and see the hard work paying off. Unfortunately with security this tight especially with the Royal Alpha family, which apparently now included me. It looks like I wouldn't be leaving the palace anytime soon.

Thoughts of my family started to creep into my head and I shook it, no need getting upset about something I couldn't control. Although the pricks in my eyes told me otherwise. Running my hand through my hair again I took a deep breath to calm myself. Lost in thought I didn't notice the door opening and a now very familiar figure step through. It wasn't until I saw a hand appear in front of my face that I pulled myself from my thoughts. Blinking I re focused my eyes onto a now amused looking Tristan.
"I've been calling your name for ages. Only just woke up have we."
Huffing I fixed him with my best glare,
"No actually I've been working." I said abruptly making sure to gesture to the tall stack of papers beside me. At that all traces of amusement were wiped from his face and worry lines became prominent.
"Maybe you should rest for a while, I don't want you to put too much strain on yourself. After all you are only young and..."
"Tristan stop I'm fine, honestly. It's you I'm worried about, you look drained."

Before I could stop myself I raised my hand to touch his face, tracing the clearly evident bags under his eyes. He seemed to sink into my touch, not moving as I stood transfixed. His emerald eyed watching me as I inspected his face. Finally I pulled away, awkwardly scratching my arm embarrassed at my actions. Tristan noticing my discomfort took my hands,
"Brianna I'm doing this all to keep everyone safe, it'll all be over soon enough. But mostly I doing this to keep you from harm, I will protect you Bree."
I sighed, "I just don't want you to get hurt in the process."
"Just remember I'm not the one that's human."
"That doesn't mean I'm weak!" I retorted fiercely, I will not be considered weak, not in the slightest.
"I'm not saying that you are, but werewolves aren't either and they are tougher." He exclaimed. Seeing the look on my face he elaborated.
"Look you've proved your strong as much as I hate to admit you managed to escape from me twice and that's no easy accomplishment. The moon goddess wouldn't have fated us together if you weren't strong enough."

"Oh I know I'm strong, I have to deal with you don't I." Laughing and my own joke, I was practically rolling on the floor at the sight of Tristan's face.
"Right that's it!" He said in a mock angry voice. Giggling I let out a squeak as he made a grab for me. Spinning out of the way I dashed to put the desk in between us. Spying up my options I feigned left before running to the right, heading for the door. Before I had even gone a couple of steps I felt Tristan grab my waist pulling me towards him. Managing to struggle free I backed away, grinning. I felt my back hit a wall and pouted when I realised he had backed me into a corner.
"No fair you cheated! You..."
I trailed off staring at Tristan who had got so close I could feel his breath on my face. Mesmerised by his eyes I was froze into place, I bit my lip suddenly nervous. I watched his eyes flicker to follow the movement. I watched as he started to close the already small distance between us and knew if I didn't move he was going to kiss me.

Surprisingly I didn't want to move, I closed my eyes and stayed still. After what seemed like an age but was less than a second I felt his lips touch mine. The kiss was slow and sweet, it didn't last long but the electric flowing between the two of us made my lips tingle. I moved my head away reopening my eyes. Tristan too stopped, looking at me with a raw emotion I couldn't recognise. We didn't speak until finally Tristan opened his mouth, he placed his hands either side of my head on the wall, effectively trapping me in his box.
"I caught you." He said, his voice still low. I was overwhelmed by what had just happened, we had just shared our first kiss! I had just had my first kiss! Internally I was screaming, but I tried to remain calm.
"So you did." The slight wobble in my voice gave me away. But before I could say anything else Tristan's lips once again crashed into mine. This time the kiss was more fierce, I kissed back trying to match his force.

I don't know what's gotten into me but I enjoyed the kiss, when we eventually pulled away I was out of breath. Looking up at Tristan I could tell he had been effected too. Not able to keep the smile from my face a grinned up at Tristan. He returned with a smirk of his own.
"I knew you wouldn't be able to resist me."
Pushing his chest to dislodge him I stalked off, mock offended. However I couldn't stop myself from laughing.
"Savour that moment cause it's not happening again anytime soon!" I retorted.
"We'll see..."

AN: OMG OMG OMG!! They kissed! I feel like my babies are growing up haha. Anyways comment your thoughts and love you all! Can someone tell me if this is showing up, not sure it worked? Xxx