Chapter 24

Kayla had officially moved into the castle, being Tomas mate it meant that our rooms were fairly close too. Due to both our mates being in training more than usual for the battle we had got to spend a lot of time together. As well as with her own family who had also moved in with her.  They had become my second family and while I still missed my own so much that it brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it sometimes, being with them made me feel less lonely. I had gotten particularly close with Jace he was like a big brother too me and I found we were very similar.

I had finished my training earlier today and had bumped into Jace on the way back, it was now that I found myself wandering the gardens with Jace chatting about anything random.
"Sooooo," he drawled. "That mate of yours has he kissed you yet?" Jace asked smiling.
"Jace!" I exclaimed failing to fight the blush threatening my cheeks.
"So he has!" Jace exclaimed. "Good on him." Jace said in a very typical boyish way.
Shoving his side laughing, he chuckled at my attempt.
We had reached the bench me and Tristan had sad on and talked about my world what seemed like a life time ago, but was really only a couple of weeks. Dragging Jace to the bench and dropping down I heard Jace laugh next to me at my actions.
"What do you think the battle will be like?" I asked Jace suddenly turning somber.
Jace was quiet for a minute taking in my question before answering.
"I'm not sure," he answered quietly, "But the last battle that was of this magnitude resulted in a lot of casualties."
Fear and apprehension made me shiver, leaning against Jace I placed my head on his shoulder. We both sat in silence lost in our own thoughts that was until an ear splitting growl made me jump up and whirl around.

Coming face to face with a very angry looking Alpha, Tristan's face was pulled back into a snarl his face livid.
"Get away from her." He snarled threateningly.
I sensed Jace take a step back and I moved to position myself in between the two males.
Looking Tristan in the eyes which had now turned completely black.
"Tristan, calm down." I said position my hands straight out in front of me.
"Nothing was happening." I said slowly.
The anger on his face didn't fade and he took a step forward, still growling.
"Tristan..." I pleaded, "Don't do anything stupid."
His growl magnified and I found myself half turning to Jace,
"Jace go now." I ordered.
"But, will you be okay?" He asked obviously taking note of Tristan's ferocious look.
"I'll be fine but you need to go now!" I urged slightly more desperately my palms still facing towards Tristan.
Jace smartly began moving away and I didn't move from between them until I could see he was safely back in the castle.

Turning my body fully back around do using on Tristan's eyes I fought to keep my tone calm.
"Tristan it's okay, your anger is unjustified nothing happened and nothing ever will." I tried.
He took a menacing step towards me but I refused to back away.
"Please just calm..." Before I could finish my sentence I was cut off with an almighty roar. Flinching I fought to keep my ground.
"You are mine and mine only, no other man can ever lay even a finger on you. Ever!"
"Tristan he wasn't doing anything he's like a brother to me, for crying out loud." I threw my hands up in the air aspirated.
"I don't care!" He managed through clenched teeth.
At this my own temper flared,
"Look mister I'm Alpha I'm the boss, I will not have you ordering me around. I will not tolerate you being a sexist possessive jerk and making something out of nothing. The idea of mates is shocking never mind actually having one. Finding out you're meant to be tied down for life at 15 is not what I was planning. So for goodness sake Tristan don't you dare push me on this, just cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I will be bossed around by a man. Mate or not! Now until you apologise I don't want to talk to you."

Spinning on my heel I stormed off, needing to blow off some steam. Thankfully I wasn't followed. Making my way to the servants quarters as I knew that'd be the last place Tristan would look for me if he tried I finally came upon Lena's small bedroom. Knocking on the door I prayed she was in. After a minute the door opened, her face lit up when she saw me that was until she took in my expression. She simply ushered me in and say me down on the small stool.
"What happened?" She asked her voice soft.
"Tristan being a Jerk!" I exclaimed.
Lena gasped at my choice of language before pulling herself together.
"What exactly took place?"
"I won't go into details but basically we fought and could I sleep in here tonight, I'll just crash on the floor."
Her face softened.
"Of course, but you shouldn't sleep on the floor you can take the bed."
"No no honestly I don't mind the floor plus it's your room you have the bed."
"No no..." She started to protest but cutting her off I insisted and she finally relented.
"So what shall we do for the rest of the day?" I asked.
"Well I have the rest of the day off," Lena said, "So why don't we take the day for ourselves."

So that's exactly what we did, we just hung out for a while in Lena's room laughing and chatting until late where after much protest from Lena I settled comfortably on the floor. Letting sleep stop the nagging in the back of my mind to go to Tristan.

AN: Sorry for not updating for a while but hope you liked this chapter!!! Love you all xx