Chapter Five: Pushing Buttons

sorry for the late update, wasn't really feeling this chapter tbh but enjoy

My eyes flutter open only to realize the room still dark. Turning my head to look at the clock I realize it's only 4:30. I feel energized, and refreshed. I could go to the gym early to practice. I take my hand threw his hair and I watch my ring glisten.

I'm surprised my father gave him his blessing but I'm also relieved. Although my uncle raised me after my mothers death my fathers opinion was still a great influence on me, and it always will me.

I still can't believe I'm getting married. Not only that but in less that three months I'll me carrying a different name, a different life. I expect some things to change but overall I still want to be me. Nick nuzzles my right breast squeezing the left one his hand is on. Once again I go to bed without clothing.

The sex can't be any better but I think I need a break. For twenty two years I haven't had any and now I get it almost four times a day. My bones ache but in a good way I guess. Still I need to tell him no. I don't want this marriage to be based on sex.

I glance down at the sleeping beauty who is wrapped nakedly around me like a vine. God bless the parents who made him... Shit! His parents! How could I forget them. I've never met them and Nick doesn't talk about them but I forgot to put them on the wedding list. Speaking of list me and him need to go over it. I have no idea how there are three hundred people on it, I barley know twenty.

"Brooke..." He mutters sleepy.

"Hmm?"

"Hmm...my Brooke...." Is he sleep talking? Cute.

"Nick?"... No response.

He mutters something else along the lines of last plays of ketchup or past always plays catchup. Both leave me confused. Carefully I slip out of his grasp. I don't want to wake him, he doesn't get much sleep with him working so hard.

Looking back at him he groans, his hand reaching out to search the bed for something. His brows furrow together as if pained but just as quick he falls back into his slumber. I tip toe to my closet changing into my clothes. That reminds me to call the movers. Nick was thrilled that I was moving in with him. He insisted professionals to come and pack my things because of course he thinks I can't do shit for myself.

Rolling my eyes at the thought I grab my duffel bag with my gloves and towel. I rake my hair back into a messy pony tail and I can't help but stare at myself in the mirror. I've been doing this lately. Everything's about to change. I sigh grabbing my keys and heading out, leaving the sexy naked beast to sleep.

***
I love being in the gym when the sun is about to rise. It gives me a new energy that I can't explain. I want to fight. I haven't been in one and I'm ready to defend my title. It's weird boxing with my ring on but I don't want to take it off. Honestly this thing is never coming off my body. I'd never forgive myself if it got lost.

"What are you doing here so early?" I turn to find Mac walking in with someone I don't recognize. He's tall broad shoulders, obviously fit. New boxer?

"Why else?" I smirk taking off my gloves. I hug Mac and before he releases me he grabs my hand.

"Well I be damned, I'd never think there would be a ring on this finger, look at the size of that thing" he teases. So funny.

"Me and you both" I roll my eyes. I shake the other guys hand who complements my ring as well. Jesus Christ are people going to do this often?

"So, I want you in the ring today with Vicky" great... as soon as he says her name she walks in. The fuck is she doing here. God I hate her.

"Why?"