Chapter Twenty: Daisy's

HELLOOOO MY AMAZING PEOPLE I HAVE FINALLY GOT MY THING FIXED AND UPDATED. I love all you guys. You really are my motivation. Thank you guys 💖👏🏽

I have no idea what to say let alone think. It's almost like the dryness in the back of your throat you get when your given bad news. No... it's worse. This isn't bad news, this is something that can shatter my world and completely knock it out of orbit. It's not knowing what a future looks like because the path has obliterated.

For once I can't tell if I want time to go faster or slow down, or if I want it to pause all together. I feel blank but yet all my emotions are racing at once. Each one causing painful blows to my chest. This is the worst kind of pain that I have yet to be familiar with, and I don't want to. Apart of me feels selfish for not feeling this agony when my mother died but this is different. My love for Nick is different... it's not an ordinary love, nothing about us was ever ordinary. We fought for each other countless times. Nothing we've mad together was easy and everything in my is telling me to fight and hold onto my faith but I can't fight this, we don't have control over this.

I should have thought of each moment more carefully. I should have listen more and helped him with his problems... I should of just... I sigh internally. hoping that release wound help me feel better but it doesn't.

"Brooke?" Eve places her hand Gently on my shoulder but if feels as if that's enough to weigh me down. My eyes shift from my lap the hers. Tears rim her eyes but she refuses to let them go, as if she can be strong for me.

You need all the strength you can get...

"I'm fine..." I mutter. In all reality I don't know what fine is. She places both hands on the steering wheel. focusing on the road. I offered to drive for the simple reason that the car is the only thing I can control in my life at the moment. Everything else easily slipping through my fingers no matter how hard I try to hold onto them.

Try to focus...

Focus is something I wish I can have. But my minds spinning, making me nauseous. Each memory of Nick floods me and for the thousandth time my heart sinks lower than my stomach. The feeling is something I can never get use to. And I won't bear it for the rest of my life. I can't.. I'm not strong enough.

He'll be fine...

Usually my subconscious gives me a little hope but her voice isn't as assuring as it usually is. It's dull and wavering. The high pedestal she normally sits on has disappeared. She's alone... I'm alone.

My eyes shift to my hands. My right had absentmindedly traces over my ring finger as if I wore the ring long enough to leave a print. I miss it being there more then ever. I miss him...

The car comes to a soft stop causing me to look up. The roads blocked off and one officer has his hand firmly up telling no entry. Every face is a blur, I don't focus on them for long. Leaping on the car he moves toward me.

"Ma—"

"My husband. Nick Cartier that's his car" I blurt out. I try to sound firm but My world come out soft spoken and wavered. Eve stands firmly beside me. His eyes lower as if to show remorse, slowly letting pass.

The small droplets of rain feel cold as ice hitting my face it's the only think that doesn't seem to hurt.

The crane set up on the side slowly lifts his car out of the water and that's when it all comes down. I burst. Eve Catches me before I fall craddllihg my head, cooing softly. Each nerve in me is being released. My stomach twisting   Terribly. I just want it to stop.