Chapter 2

"I forgot to ask yesterday," my mom began to say. After she had given Mikasa a ride home, she didn't say anything. In fact, he didn't even get mad when I explained to her the entire situation; it was strange. For some reason, she seemed to be hiding what she really was thinking. "Did you already get a girlfriend?"

Were I to have been eating or drinking anything, I would have surely choked on it. "Wh-what makes you think that?! She's the reason I-" I started to refute before I realized that I had purposely left out the part where "Mikasa" was the one who knocked me unconscious. I had only told her that some guy whose name I didn't know did it so the car ride didn't get awkward.

"I'm kidding around, but your face is really red right now," she laughed. "Well, have a good day today." I didn't even realize that we had already arrived at the school.

"You too," I muttered while hopping out of the car. My father was away on a trip somewhere, so he still had yet to hear about the whole incident. I was hoping and hoping that my mom wouldn't bring it up to him, but it was inevitable.

And just like yesterday, the school day was confusing and as boring as ever. In fact, I hadn't run into Mikasa nor her underlings that I'd already met. While of course half of my classes were full of delinquents, most of them didn't even speak to me or glare at me or anything. I didn't think she told them about me since they didn't do or say a thing.

After school, however, I found Mikasa waiting for me outside of my classroom while being accompanied by the same two as the previous day. Unlike yesterday, she was not wearing the same type of clothes. She had on a grey tank top with a pair of jeans and the same kind of guyish boots as the other girl did; I wondered if they bought it at the same time.

"Is there...something you need?" I wondered, unsure of whether I was going to be hit in the face or put through a strange joining ritual like there was at my old school. That was the first thing I abolished when I became their leader for that short time.

"Uhh...not exactly. I mean- I wanted to know if you had any questions or anything since you technically agreed to joining..." Mikasa said slightly awkwardly. While she seemed like a tough girl, she didn't appear to be a super social girl.

"Shouldn't that be something that is discussed outside of the school's halls?" I questioned. It seemed like the teachers didn't care for the delinquents much, so speaking about such matters outside a teacher as scary as Miss Ral didn't sound appealing.

"That's probably a good idea," the girl said, breaking her silence. "After all, you wouldn't want Mr. Ackerman or Mr. Smith to hear such discussions."

"You're right, Annie," Mikasa agreed.

"Is that...your father?" I wondered after realizing that was the same surname as she had.

"No. There's no relation that I know of," she answered nonchalantly. "Let's go and...talk more about the things you need or want to know, I guess."

"I still think it's a stupid idea to let this idiot join," the guy sighed. "Doesn't he go all out in most of his fights and nearly ki-"

"Enough," Mikasa said coldly. "It's my decision, Jean. If I'm going to regret it, then I'll regret it." The whole atmosphere got a bit awkward, but I continued walking with them as they headed towards the back exit of the school that lead to the tennis courts.

And the next thing I knew, I was at the school's tennis courts and pinned to the ground by an angry Jean after only a short conversation. How did it come to that? Well...

"So, what kind of questions should I be asking?" I wondered. The three of them stared at me for a moment with the same blank expression on their face.