Chapter 9

Note: Mikasa's POV so don't get confused lol

I started to blink my eyes open before realizing that the scenery around me was not what I remembered. The last thing I remembered seeing was the clouds off in the distance, forming all kinds of shapes while my eyes slowly closed as Eren ran his fingers through my hair and braided it with gentle hands. The scenery in front of me was not like that anymore.

I felt a stone, cold ground underneath me, and my back ached as I was lying there uncomfortably. My eyes stared up at an unfinished ceiling with wooden planks going across it and all of the electric cords for the lights showing visibly. The lighting was dim, and there was absolutely no sunlight whatsoever. Slowly, I got up from the ground to better examine my surroundings.

Boxes lined the walls with things related to sports sticking out of those that were open. There was a window in the near back that was mostly covered by the boxes, but I could clearly see that there was no light shining through since it was night. I quickly recalled what I was doing when I fell asleep and turned my attention to the ground around me. I desperately scanned the small room momentarily, and what I found was not Eren.

On the ground beside me, Armin was unconscious and against the wall. He had a red mark on his face, and I could tell that someone hit him there. The thought of someone attacking an innocent, uninvolved boy like him pissed me off. Especially since he was Eren's precious friend; I considered him a friend of mine as well.

I assumed that the door was locked, but I got up and walked over to the big, metal door and tried to turn the doorknob and push the door forward, but I had no luck. Something was obviously blocking it from the outside, but why were Armin and I in there?

I had plans to call all of the group to the school to figure out the whole situation with the Oak Valley boys in the hospital, but I had fallen asleep next to Eren in the fields before it was the time for that, and suddenly, I woke up in a storage room. Clearly, someone brought me there while I was asleep, but what became of Eren, and why did I not wake up while being carried here?

I tried to think through all the possibilities, and the only conclusion I came to was that Eren was in some sort of position where he couldn't be or wasn't around me when I was taken, or he was asleep also. The latter was the more likely situation, but it depended on whether he was a light or heavy sleeper. The only people who could know such a thing had to have been those who knew him personally.

I ruled out everyone from the group since they'd not been around him enough to form a great, personal connection. There was a possibility that Armin had something to do with it, but he wouldn't have done that. So, what exactly happe-

"Hey Mikasa," Armin groaned from the ground, interrupting my thoughts. I turned around and saw him slowly getting up from the ground, using the boxes to support himself.  "Don't try to kick down that metal door or anything; you'll break your leg, and you're going to need it."

"I'm not an idiot," I responded a little bit harshly. "More importantly, what's going on? I don't recall anything after falling asleep in that damn soccer field."

"Really? You seemed like you were half awake when you were being carried, but clearly you didn't process much," Armin answered. "I guess I'll just say it simply; Oak Valley guys showed up, so Eren called me to watch over you while he dealt with them elsewhere. After a bit, I was hit in the face and they started carrying us. I pretended to be unconscious, but they realized I was awake and knocked me out halfway here."

"Wh-what the hell?!" I exclaimed. "Why did it turn out this way? Did he tell you what they wanted from him?"

"I don't know why this is happening, but I think it's got something to do with those Oak Valley kid that were in the hospital after being beaten pretty badly. They're probably trying to trap Eren once again," Armin deduced.