Chapter 10

Note: Since the story is coming to an end, this chapter will be a bit shorter than the others. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this final chapter. It's been fun to write this.

Mikasa invited me to a New Year's Eve party on the night when I almost got trapped once again by Oak Valley, and I was pretty excited. Since she said it wasn't with the entire group and only a few people, I was glad. Ever since I realized that I was in love with her, I really wanted to spend more time with her. When they told me that she was in their grasp, I was willing to sacrifice myself for her in a heartbeat. I'd just realized it, and there was already a threat to our current relationship.

I texted her a few hours before I was supposed to show up at Annie's house for the party. Since hers was the biggest and nobody was going to be home, we all decided it would be best to have it at there. Shortly after texting her about who all was able to come, she informed me that it was just Jean, Annie, Armin, Sasha, Connie, Christa, her, and I that was invited. I recalled that Christa was her friend who was not involved in the delinquents, but I'd never met her before.

"Hey Eren," my mother called from the first floor about half an hour before the party. "Shouldn't we leave now so you can get to that new year's party?!"

"Oh, yeah!" I shouted back down the stairs. Assuming she heard me, I quickly grabbed a sweatshirt, slipped into it, and ran downstairs. She was already in the car, waiting for me.

"Is your friend Mikasa going to be at this party?" she questioned after I put on my seatbelt and she pulled out of the driveway.

"Yeah, why?" I responded. She kept asking about Mikasa a lot lately, and I was afraid she might have caught on that I was in love with her, but I hardly ever talked about my personal life, so I couldn't tell.

"Just curious," she said with a shrug. She couldn't fool me, however. Her lips curved upwards slightly into a smirk, and I was highly suspicious of what she knew.

Not too long later, we pulled up into Annie's driveway, and I could see Sasha's face peeking through the window, watching as I got out of the car. As soon as she confirmed it was me, her head disappeared until the door swung open and she was standing there.

"Come on in, Eren!" she called while motioning for me to hurry up and get inside. I did just as she asked, and made my way over. My feet left footprints behind the small amount of snow on the ground that fell earlier in the day.

When I entered Annie's house for the second time, it was just as cozy as the last time. The door lead directly into the wide, comfortable living room that contained a few couches and some chairs added to make up for the lack of seats for everyone. A large, hot fireplace sat in the middle of the room and flames emitted heat to keep all of us warm. I found that it was a bit too warm, so it wasn't really necessary for me to have put on the sweatshirt and jacket.

"Hey Eren," Armin said after he noticed I walked in. Everyone else was already there except for me, so I was forced to sit in the only chair that was left. Fortunately, it was right next to Mikasa. It was as if they'd planned it, but I knew that couldn't have been the case. Well, that's what I thought before I noticed Christa and Sasha giggle the moment I sat down. Their eyes quickly turned away when they noticed I was looking at them.

"Now that everyone is here," Connie began. "Can we play a game or something? We've been having long conversations about random things for fifteen minutes now."

"I'll go get twister," Annie stated as she stood from her chair and walked out into the hallway. The sound of her opening a closet and rummaging through could be heard.

I Can't Fight a Girl (eremika fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara