Chapter ten

Super short surprise chapter!

WARNING:NOT EDITED

***Rayne's POV***

Thoughtlessly I moved my lips and Darren stepped closer, my arms hanging limply at my sides. He slipped his palm against my cheek and cupped it as his other hand resting lightly on my waist, his thumb stroking at my hip. He pulled away and sighed.

"Look, when you kiss her," he explained quietly, "don't let your arms just hang like that. You lay a hand on her hip," he grabbed mine and placed it his hip and the other cupping his cheek like how he had me less than five seconds ago. I was in shock or something, that's the only reason why I wasn't stopping him I think. His stubble poked at my fingertips and his bright eyes seemed smoldering. Did he look like this when he kissed other people? He waited with a smug look before I realized he wanted me to make the first move this time. Lightly squeezing his hips I leaned forward and kiss him again.

Imagine it as Amber! My mind chanted desperately but Amber didn't smell like Axe cologne. She smelled like--

"You're distracted and quite frankly drooling in my mouth so much so that I feel like I'm freaking drowning," Darren huffed frustrated pulling away from me and I gaped.

"Sorry I don't get around as much as you do to perfect my kissing skills!" I shouted angrily to hide my growing embarrassment. He stole my first kiss anyway!

"You don't have to get around to know how to kiss Walters, it is not rocket science." Darren stepped back out of my grasp, his face suddenly blank. "You know what? This was a bad idea." I frowned. Oh hell no, I did not just kiss this guy for no reason! If we were going to be finished I wanted a better review. I reached up and cupped the back of his neck bringing him down to me and pressed my lips once again challengingly to his. His lips parted in mild surprise and I took that opportunity to timidly lick at the seam of his lips just before delving it into his mouth like I seen in those corny chick flicks that mom sometimes forced me to watch. Darren made a low sound and grabbed my hips slamming me closer to him and I let out a startled cry when our fronts brushed together.

He battled me for dominance and won in a nanosecond, deepening the kiss. I was definitely getting the hang of this I thought and went to break away but the sting of him suddenly nipping my lip had me letting out a brief moan that urged him to do it again which he did. When his hands slid under my shirt though I pushed him away instantly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I panted, my chest heaving trying to catch my breath. Darren swallowed before he closed his eyes and started laughing.

"That was much better Walters. I'm kinda even turned on right now," he admitted and what the hell do I do next? Of course my eyes stray to his crotch where he wasn't freaking lying! My lips felt swollen and still tinged from the absence of his and I turned around quickly, my back to him as I glanced down and saw that little me was half raised. Oh holy mother of pearl!

"Uh, shit, thanks. I think I got it now!" I said in an embarrassingly squeaky voice. The only reason I got...hard....was because I was proving a point for Amber, love of my life, mother of my imaginary children...it was NOT because of Darren! Nothing to do with his stupid muscles or his stubble scraping against my cheek. Darren's hot breath was on the back of my neck and he leaned his head over my shoulder to see my little problem.

"I guess you do kid, but don't go popping a woody on just a tiny kiss in the first date. Might make her think you only want her for her body," he cracked up and playfully slid his hand down his chest and waggles his eyebrows. My cheeks burned like hell and I felt myself calm down instantly down there.

"Shut up fag--Ahh!" Darren grabbed me from the front of my shirt and hauled my face to his which was now deadly serious.

"I am sick and tired of you throwing that word around like its nothing! Would you turn to a black guy and say the n word? Would you tell Cindy who has cerebral palsy that she's fucking retarded?" I sputtered and he shook me. "Huh asshole?!"

"N-no! Of course not!"

"Then why the hell would you think that word is okay? Christ, just when you seemed kinda fun and not too much of a shitty person. No wonder that Hendrix kid can't stand you!" He let me go and grabbed his backpack before glancing at the time. "Great, now I still have another hour with you." He sat perched on the teacher's desk, well away from me shooting me this angry glare but my focus was on one thing right now.

"What do you mean about Jamie?" I asked timidly. My best friend who decked me in the face recently.

Darren's face screwed up and he eyed me with even more distain. "You really don't pay attention to shit do you? His uncle died last year remember?" My mind raced and I did recall when that happened. Jamie was a wreck for a few weeks and wouldn't talk much about it or how he died.

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well one of my friends were there when it happened." He grew serious. "They were marching in a gay pride parade when a "faggot hater" decided to shoot it up." The blood drained from my face. "A lot of people lost someone that day. Did you even know about that or are you that oblivious and don't pay mind to national news?" Darren was breathing harder than before. "Look, we don't have to do this anymore, I can find someone else to help--"

"No!" I protested, my stomach doing weird churns at the thought. It was probably because I wanted to see this crazy thing through. "I don't hate...gays. I just don't want to be thought of as one." I clarified. "I'm sorry. I will never use that word again," I whispered in absolute shame recalling how many times I said that in front of Jamie.

"I don't do labels," he repeated. "And though you are clearly straight you agreed with this arrangement, am I mistaken?" I shook my head. "Okay. So enough with that stupid word and let's get back to work," he muttered and I looked at his icy eyes not even realizing that I was standing in front of him now. I gulped and nodded as I leaned down but he put his palm in the way. "No more kissing. I think you got that down," he grinned suddenly and my heart thumped in relief at that smile. We got mad at each other a lot but it was different when fighting about something so serious. For now it seemed like we were okay.

I laughed and pursed my lips. "I'm a quick learner ya see?" I boasted.

"Whatever Walters."

So the rest of the hour we went over the final details of the date to what I should were and other mundane things like that. And once detention was over I started toward Jamie's house. I had a lot of groveling to do.

*************************************

Hey guys! This story is on hold briefly but I thought I'd put this out today.

Love you guys!