Chapter fourteen

Guys!!!!

Love you!

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***Rayne's POV***

I sat on the edge of Darren's bed staring sullenly at my crumpled up jeans on the ground hating that I was forced to wait in here. And I didn't know why my chest was so tight but I felt the familiar beginnings of a headache starting up which could get to migraine status if I didn't take Advil. Sighing, I walked over to the door and paused when I heard soft voices.

"Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your ex. Shit is fucked up."

"My ex?" Darren asked confused.

"Yeah? Uh, I assumed you dumped his ass after he cheated on you," that Kevin guy laughed. "It's a damn shame. You'll find someone better though."

"I will?" Darren cleared his throat but not before I heard the longing in his voice, something that was so completely unlike him. Damn, I ruined everything...no. I could fix it. I would fix it. Kevin liked to chase? If he was even remotely attracted to Darren, then the trick was to get him jealous. Like really, really jealous. I'd have to swallow my pride and help what I messed up. Looking down at Darren's shirt that he let me borrow that went to my knees, I flexed my bared toes. I wouldn't need pants for this I guess. Walking over to his nightstand, I grabbed a handheld mirror that was there and ran my fingers through my hair making it look like bed head. I headed for the door again, pulling the shirt so that my left shoulder was peeking out and opened the door.

Immediately a pair of light brown eyes met mine. Kevin was stretched out on the couch sitting next to Darren who was staring at me with wide eyes. I could do this! I owed him right? Stretching my arms over my head, I yawned and awkwardly swayd my hips while making my way over to my so called "ex". "Hey babe," I purred seductively and plopped down in his lap. "Last night was amazing," I rested my head on his shoulder and my body was facing Kevin who glared at me. "Who is this?" I feigned ignorance.

Hopefully catching on with what I was trying to do, I felt Darren's arm wrap around my waist. "This is Kevin, Rayne. You've met him before," he chuckled lightly and squeezed my ass harder than necessary in my honest opinion.

"What the fuck is this?" Kevin blinked and stared at me as if I were an alien.

"What do you mean?" I asked and experimentally kissed the underside of my "boyfriend's" jaw making Kevin zero in on the action with rage in his eyes. Darren shifted under me before sliding his hand under my shirt to splay his warm fingers on the small of my back, his nails slightly digging in my skin. In warning? Or was it part of the show? Shaking the former away, I daringly nipped his ear lobe before blowing lightly across the slightly wet skin. He shuddered. Hah! I knew blowing in someone's ear was effective!

"Darren? Hey, I thought you ditched this cheating bastard!" He stood up and I faked a gasp.

"Cheating?! I NEVER cheated on him!" I stood up defensively.

"Oh really?" He laughed angrily. "So Jewel was just spewing shit?"

I thought fast. "Pfft! What he saw last night was a joke! I've known Amber for ages, she understood!"

"So her boyfriend decking you in the face...that was a joke?" He arched his eyebrows challengingly. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Some people can't take a joke." I felt Darren stand behind me so I leaned back into him. "No one can hold a candle to my Dare Bear," he stifled a chuckle and rested his chin on top of my head. "Besides, last night he kissed all the pain away," I said gesturing to my cheek. "And other places too..."

"Okay! Okay!" Kevin held up his hands in surrender. "Well, uh, I'm glad you two are good I guess."

"I'd say we are more than just good. I'm not letting this one get away! He's mine," I grinned and watched as my suspicions were confirmed right before my eyes. The green eyed monster showed up in his expression. Subtle but definitely there. Heck yeah! The game was still on!

Darren hadn't said a word. I wonder what he was thinking. Maybe admiring my genius plan!

"Yeah, uh, I gotta go." Kevin stooped down to grab his jacket from the couch. We watched silently as he went toward the door. "Oh, and Dare, let me know when you are free this week. We should...hang out. Ya know? Like old times. It's been harder since we go to different schools." He smiled gently at Darren and before he could respond, I nodded.

"Oh, we'd love to hang out. We'll definitely let you know! See ya then Kev."

He nodded and slammed the door a bit too hard when he left. I sighed and felt my shoulders sag in relief. I'm sure bought that right? Now Darren still had a chance to...whatever with Kevin. Although he seemed kinda plain to me so I couldn't really see the appeal. Oh, and the fact that he was a dude too. I normally don't check them out. Nah, no way, not a chance!

I was suddenly lifted in the air and squeezed against a broad and solid chest. Darren's laughter vibrated in his chest as he swung me back and forth. "You impressive son of a bitch!"

"Hey! My mom is a lady thank you very much," I wheezed amused at his sudden behavior.

He set me down and grabbed my shoulders staring at me in awe. "Did you see his face? Damn Walters, you are a fucking forced to be reckoned with! I had no idea you had that in you. Like, what so ever. It must be the apocalypse actually...now that I think about it..." he trailed off thoughtfully.

"Gee, thanks. I'm not completely useless you freaking jerk." I looked up at him but the smile couldn't fall from my lips. He was staring at me so happily and his electric blue eyes were dazzling again. I've never seen blue eyes like that...

A sharp pain shot through my skull that made me grunt in shock.

"You okay Walters?" Darren frowned looking serious. I nodded as pain racked through me. I hated it when I got these migraines. I should've took some freaking Advil earlier.

"You have any Advil?" I asked softly and even that vibrated through my head. I stumbled to the couch and in less than a minute Darren had a glass of water and the bottle of pills and quickly handed them to me. Taking out five pills I threw them in my mouth and chased them down with the cool water. I then clutched my head and rocked my body for about five minutes. Darren eventually sat down quietly with me and placed a pillow on his lap.

"Lay down."

Not questioning, I adjusted myself so my head rested on the pillow blinking back tears. Wow, I sure had a way with ruining the mood. Darren's hand brushed through my hair gently.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered in pain. I could barely speak. My migraines had a way to completely cripple me.

"Shhh....close your eyes."

I did and he continued to stroke my hair soothingly before I fell asleep.

****************************************

COMMENT IF YA WANT MOOOOORE!!!!

Sorry for grammar mistakes!

Let me know what ya think! It's a little short!