Chapter sixteen

Guys! You give me life! That is all :3

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***Rayne's POV***

It's been two days since I have been successful in avoiding Darren Chambers.

Today at school we made brief eye contact and I squeaked like a tiny cowardly mouse and pulled Jamie who was with me into a nearby classroom. He rolled his eyes and sighed impatiently as we silently waited until the coast was clear for us to move out. I watched as Darren looked around a bit and then shoved his fingers through his dark tousled in obvious irritation before continuing to walk to his class or something. Did he even go to class? His broad shoulders were bunched up and he was wearing his black MCR shirt that complimented his lean muscles. He looked great in black. Well, doesn't everyone look great in black? Yeah, not just him! He is NOT that special.

"Raaaaaaaaayne!" Jamie yelled in my ear and I cringed and punched his shoulder. He winced and pushed me back. "Hey man! Easy! You're the one who dragged me here because you can't seem to face Darren for some reason. What happened between you guys anyway?"

"Hmm? No, nothing dude. Nope. Nothing at all." I said far too quickly. Jamie narrowed his eyes in a way that told me he didn't believe me. "We just had a...a...um...fight. Uh, yeah! I'm...mad at him." At least that part was technically true. I was angry at him. And myself. How could I have let something like...that...happen between us? And why did I so frustratingly want...I don't know what I wanted.

"Okay then. Let's pretend I believe you. You guys need to kiss and make up instead of playing hide and go seek." He huffed and then checked his cell. "We gotta get to class. So come on, pretty boy."

My body warmed up and I gaped knowing my face was red. "Kiss? Me and him? Gross! I mean, no way would I-- wait, what did you call me?!" I asked freaked and Jamie frowned in confusion.

"I said, come on nerd. I know how much you like Trigonometry class. Why, is still what I'm trying to figure out," he laughed sarcastically and held the door open for me as we made our way out. And why I liked it was a no brainer, it was the only class I shared with Amber. But that aside, was I hearing things? Only Darren was allowed to call me that.

Only Darren? Sweet baby Jesus, I am losing my mind!

Entering the classroom I sat down in my usual spot right next to Amber. She looked up surprised but then plastered this fake smile across her face. And was that food in her teeth? It was right there mashed in between the front ones. It looked like some guacamole-ish thing. Her hair was scraped up in a bun but a few straggly strands drooped in front of her face. Today, her eyes didn't seem to sparkle like how I always saw them. Huh.

"Hi Rayne!" She sang in an irritating phony voice. I gave her a polite smile and turned my attention on Mrs. Needlemeyer's assignment she was writing on the board. I know, her name was ridiculous but she was a pretty good teacher. Taught in a way that made complicated stuff seem easy and simple. Happy that I could focus on something other than him, I began the assignment blissfully blocking out the world.

"Psst!" Or so I thought. I turned to see Amber leaning over exposing a bit of her cleavage to me. "Hey, do you know how to do any of this? I don't understand it at all." She pouted and gazed over to me. I blinked. I know how this was suppose to go. I would scoot in closer and show her how to do it until she whined a bit more in which I would just do it for her. Cheerfully. Thinking she actually needed me for something. It gave me an feeling of accomplishment that I was getting one step closer to her heart.
But right now I felt absolutely nothing. Here I was looking at her, and I was absolutely not giving a shit.

"You never cared about me, did you?"

"Hmm?" She blinked at me for a moment before trying to see my paper. I covered it with my textbook and laughed. Oh man, Jamie was right. And so was Darren.