Chapter Seventeen

Hey! This took so long it's not even funny. Sorry if it suuuucks.

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***Rayne's POV***

Darren texted me to meet him at Kevin's house, but I didn't expect it to be so jammed pack! Clutching the red solo cup I accepted from a tipsy guy in the kitchen, I squinted my eyes through the smoke hazed living room looking for his dumb ass. There was a group of people I hurriedly walked past to avoid who were passing around a blunt, a freaking illegal...device thingy and I refused to go to jail for him! I frowned at my phone again seeing that he hadn't texted once since I got here half an hour ago.

"Yo, that's sick!" Some random jock dude shouted cheerfully as a very obviously drunk girl kneeled in a puddle of her own puke and was trying to fish out her keys from the orange goop. Cheese on rice, what the hell did that girl eat?! And she was trying to drive?! I swallowed down my disgust but then sighed in relief when two of the girl's friends came up with worried expressions and helped her up and out of the crowd. That was true friendship I shit you not. If that was Jamie....uhhh, I guess I'd maybe help him out. Maybe.

What? I am a sympathetic puker!

I shuffled my way through the living room until I was near the base of the stairs. I couldn't even make out what the house looked like with all the bodies pressed together. Every now and then though I'd hear something break in the distance and it made me want to leave even more. It was way too hot in here and I needed air. Cringing at the thought of forcing my way through the thick crowd again, I took a steadying breath. I could do this! The force was strong within me! I could--

"Jewel!" I cried in delight at the familiar face even if it was that conniving snitch. He was leaning against the wall near the opening of the kitchen staring dispassionately at the ruckus before him, his dark red hair in the lighting gave the illusion of a demonic halo floating above his head. I ran to him like I would a life line.

"Hello, man slut," he greeted and I huffed irritably.

"Do you know where," my eyes quickly glanced around reassuring me no one I knew was  near to hear me, "my boyfriend is?"

His eyebrows raised but he said nothing as he motioned with his thumb behind his shoulder toward the backyard. At least I'd get some air looking for him. Nodding my thanks, I squeezed through sweat slick people trying not to gag. Once outside I spotted him easily. He was in a secluded part of the yard, away from the pool which all the drunk people seemed to gather, leaning against the wooden fence, a drink in his hand. As I made my way over to him, I was splashed with water from one of the guys who cannon balled in. Somehow, drunk people stumbling around a pool didn't seem like a swell idea, and I so did not want to be here if and when an accident happened. Fuck Darren.

"I'm freaking here, not that you seemed to give a crap about it," I stood beside him not looking at his stupid face. "You know, for someone who was so adamant about getting me here, you have--"

"Just shut up Walters." Darren muttered. I looked up at him angrily but paused when I saw his face. His eyes were a little bloodshot and his brows were drawn together. His lips were curved downward, his eyes were dark as they stayed trained on someone. I followed his gaze and saw Kevin near the pool, his hands firmly cupping some blond girl's ass and his mouth was glued on her neck, sucking and biting. The girl shamelessly pushed up against him and giggled like a hyena. The can of beer crunched in his fist and I struggled not to roll my eyes at his grumpy expression.

"Darren, you are smashed." I stated shifting a bit of a ways away from him. He glanced up, his ice blue eyes seemingly glowing in the dark. He tossed the can and shrugged. My impatience flared. "And I'm leaving."

I moved to go but a hot calloused hand gripped at my waist before tugging me over so that my back hit the wooden fence and Darren was directly in front of me pressed so close I could feel his breath on my cheek. "I'm not done using you yet.." he whispered and I frowned at the way that was phrased. I wasn't some damn toy! Though we had a deal, he didn't have to say...my thoughts scrambled as his tongue licked at my neck before his lips began kissing and nibbling softly. His hands at my waist stayed firm and he began to lightly suck at the crook of my neck, his tongue tracing my collar bone after. I moaned at how good it felt before I pushed him away in panic the slight tightness in my jeans. Darren stumbled away easily and blinked rapidly at me as my hand cupped the abused area. Hopefully I didn't have a hickey!

"Don't!" I grounded out. "You are freaking drunk but that doesn't mean you can do that without my consent!" I made sure to keep my voice low enough so that way we wouldn't have unwarranted attention. Darren's brows drew together and he ran his hand through his dark locks.

"I'm sorry Walters..." he grumbled and pouted softly.

I almost choked on my spit. Darren Chambers was apologizing? Well by golly, I do believe in fairies, I do, I do! "I just...he doesn't care. He never did." Darren's shoulders slumped and a look of defeat crossed his features. "This whole idea," he gestured his hand between us, "was stupid from the fucking start. I'm an idiot for letting this go on so long, let alone thinking this would work." His eyes were glued to the ground and I shifted uncomfortably. There was an underlying of pain in his voice. My gaze went to Kevin who was dancing with the girl but had his eyes trained on the back of Darren's head. Huh...

"Well you know what I think? I think Kevin is a fuck boy who needs to grow a pair and realize his aloofness is attractive at all. He really isn't anything special Dare, I mean, he gets pimples and shit like the rest of us. And his hair looks a bit greasy sometimes which tells us he doesn't shower often or some shit like that. Bottom line, he ain't all that." In my head, I imagined  my little sister Sammy snapping her fingers z formation in agreement . Darren met my eyes and paused for a moment before bursting into laughter. I grinned at his wide smile and steadied him when his laughter made his posture a bit wobbly. I'd have to get him home soon.

"You are something else Walters," he said and stumbled suddenly against me so that my back was against the fence again. My eyes widened as he buried his face in my neck and giggled. Giggled! He was so gone. "Oh, sorry," he apologized lightly.

"Be careful dude," I patted his back slightly amused at this new Darren I was seeing. In my peripheral I saw Kevin making his way to us and I push against Darren so my back wasn't to the fence anymore but somehow his lips were on mine. In public! Where people could see...

He pulled away before I could shove him. His eyes were hooded and he gave me a goofy smile. "You always taste so good Walters.." I blushed hard as I tried to clear my throat and my head. He was drunk, he didn't mean that. Not that it mattered because I wasn't -- gay. He laughed and kissed the tip of my nose softly. My brain stopped working as I melted a little, staring at his mouth as it moved toward mine. I impulsively closed the distance and kissed him hard. Darren chuckled and cupped my face before someone bumped into me making our teeth smash together. I gasped in pain and pulled away quickly turning around to face the perpetrator.

"Sorry slut," Kevin sneered. "Didn't see you there."

I tensed and glared at the douche. Before I could open my mouth Darren spoke up, his voice more slurred than before. "Don't talk to my boyfriend like that!" Gosh, he sounded ridiculous. Though I ignored the flutter I felt in my stomach at the particular use of the word.

Kevin's eyes hardened. "Seriously Darren? You're defending this...this man whore? Fuck man, he a dirty slut who--"

He never got to finish his sentence as Darren's fist flew toward his face.

**************************************************

COMMENT IF YA WANT MOOOOORE!

Sorry for grammar mistakes!