5

*w a r n i n g : s m u t*

"Mom." I groan as I slump down the stairs.

"Yes, honey? You okay?" she says, without turning around from making her morning coffee.

"No. I feel like absolute crap."

She looks up to see me in my pajamas, my dark hair a mess and my pale face that had once been tan.

"Oh, honey! Stay home and I'll call the doctor. We'll go later when I get home from work." she says sympathetically, hugging me.

I grin on the inside and smile a bit on the outside. "Okay, mom. I'm going back to bed."

"Alright honey, I'll call the school."

She turns back around and attends to her coffee, leaving me to walk back upstairs.

I wasn't really sick, I just messed up my hair and put on old Halloween makeup.

I needed an excuse to stay home.

I walk into my bathroom and wash off the makeup, and fix my hair.

About 15 minutes later, I hear things being thrown at my window.

I walk over, seeing Shawn underneath my window, reaching for another pebble to throw.

I open my window and he notices.

He looks up, grins at me and says "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"

I laugh and open my window farther, backing away so he could enter my room.

I heard him struggling with climbing up the vines on the side of my house and laugh.

He finally pokes his head in my window, his hair spiky and pointing in every direction.

He climbs in my room as ungraceful as can be and I freeze, hearing my mom yell up the stairs, asking if I was okay.

"I'm fine, Mom! Just tripped!" I shout out my door.

I giggle nervously as I feel a pair of cold hands touch my stomach, wrapping their arms around my waist and pulling me back into my room.

"Shawn, shh! We have to keep it down until she leaves!"

He shakes his head. "I'm gonna be the one to say that to you pretty soon."

"I'm not you though," I laugh.

"Duh. I just meant...nevermind."

I laugh and he pulls me towards my bed, sitting down.

"You haven't had your first kiss, have you?"

"No, I have."

"Okay. Did it go any farther than just kissing?"

"Nope. He got a bit too touchy feely."

"Ah. Wanna start with that? We'll take it slow."

"Yeah, sure." I give him a little smile and sit on his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist.

He smiles at me and leans in, narrowing the space between us.

I lean in also and our lips touch.

His lips were soft against mine, soft yet persistent.

I open my mouth and grant him access to it, his tongue slipping inside.

He runs his tongue over mine and then soon withdraws his tongue from my mouth, attracting cold air to where it once was.