7

"And that's how Regina George died. No, just kidding. But she did get hurt." Lindsay Lohan says on the screen in front of me.

I chuckle and look over at Blaire, my best friend.

Her hair is swept back out of her face and she's laying on her stomach, facing the screen.

About 15 minutes later, Mean Girls ended and she rolls over.

I get up from my bed to turn off the tv and I hear Blaire say, "So. How's Shawn?"

Momentarily fazed, I turn around slowly and blink at her.

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter, crossing my arms over my chest and scrunching my face into a confused frown.

"Well, I don't know. You're spending a lot of time with him lately."

"He is one of my best friends, you know."

"I know, but like, there's nothing going on between you two?"

My mind flashes back to the night before and my cheeks flush red.

"Nope. He's just a close friend." I say, popping the "p".

I don't know why I'm lying to her. She'll find out eventually. But I think that Shawn might wanna keep this a secret so we don't seem like we can't control our hormones and like we're going to end up with some STD as we age.

"Good, so that means I can ask him to the ball on Friday?" she asks, rolling her head to the side, looking at me with her hazel eyes.

I look back at her.

What?

"What? Why would you wanna do that?" I ask, my words jumbling together probably sounding like gibberish.

"Lace. I've had a crush on him for forever. Why wouldn't I want to?"

"Oh, I don't know. But just so you know," I say, thinking up of some excuse for her to not wanna ask him "He's a terrible dancer."

She only giggles.

"I know, I've seen him dance. I'm not worried about it."

"Okay.." I say, stretching the word so it sounds like ohhhhhkayyyyee...?

"Wanna go shopping for dresses? There's not gonna be any left if we wait."

"Blaire. We don't even have dates." I say slowly, in a voice meant mainly for children when they don't understand.

"So? If they say no we go together. No biggie."

I sigh.

"Fine."

"Yay!" She pulls me off of my bed, leaving me just enough time to grab my vans at the bottom of the stairs.
-----------------------
Quick update- sorry, its absolute rubbish.