22

Lacey's POV

"Please stay..."

He leaves my room and I hear him run down my stairs.

Disbelief and anger mixed with sadness sets in when I realize he will not be staying.

I scream in frustration and jump out of bed. I throw all my clothes back on and begin to head out my bedroom door.

Then I see my photo collage that is resting on the floating shelf on my wall.

Pictures of me and Blaire.

Pictures of me and Shawn.

Me and Shawn and Blaire.

Me and Shawn.

Me and Shawn.

Lots of pictures of me and Shawn.

There's one of me laughing at something he said while he's looking at me with a funny look on his face.

There's one of me with a freaked out look as we both got stuck at the top of the ferris wheel and him laughing at me.

There's one of us from when we were little and we shoved ice cream cones on our foreheads to look like unicorns.

There's plenty more but I'm too upset to look at them. I tear the pictures off the board and glance at each one before crumpling them up and throwing them in the small trash can near my bed.

I glance at the two pictures left on the board and frown.

There's one of me and Blaire on the swings at the park near my house, holding hands and laughing as we swing. I think we were both about ten in this picture.

The other is me and Shawn at the beach. We went almost every weekend over the summer. I had told him to meet me there that day and we were both sitting in the sand. The sun hit the water as the waves curled (A/N sorry, just had to) and the sky turned into a whirlwind of pastel colors. I was leaning against him, he had his arm around me and I was hugging his waist from the side. My other hand was planted on his chest so I could feel his heartbeat. He smoothed down my hair repeatedly and quietly sang to me as we watched the sun set. I vividly remember him singing in a soft voice. I think it was a song he wrote.

"Stay here and lay here right in my arms
It's only a moment, before you're gone
And I, am keeping you warm
Just act like you love me, so I can go on
And act like you love me, so I can go on."

I roll my eyes at the memory and crumple those pictures up, too.

I toss them in my garbage can.

I tear my room apart looking for evidence of our friendship and snarl at every piece I find.

Once I have gathered a big box full of my once precious memories, I cram the lid on top and begin to slide it out of my room.

Then, something inside me makes me change my mind and shove the box into my closet and slam the door closed.

I brush off my hands and get up.

I will never have to think about you again, Shawn Peter Raul Mendes.

Never.

I pick up my phone and dial Jack's number.

"Jell-o?" He laughs.

"Hi." I smile.

"What's up, Lacey?"

"Nothing, I was just getting back to you about that whole 'hanging out thing' that we never got around to." I hear a voice in the background and a bunch of loud noises. "Are you busy? I can call back later..."

"No, no. I'm not busy. Wanna meet at Lina's?"

Lina's is a coffee shop down the street from my house. They have coffee to die for and even better pastries. I almost sigh thinking about it. Drinking coffee and maybe even spliting a muffin with Jack?

Perfection.

"Lace?" He asks. "Earth to Lacey."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sounds great. I'll see you in about an hour?"

"In an hour it is, then. Ciao, bella."

I blush and hang up.

Yay.